The Spy Is Back

Sorry I've been absent so much, people dont want to keep a job at work so I have to make up. Then I got sick, so please dont hate me cuz im trying to work on it. 

Love you all. 

Hey again. Its me. I'm working on this chapter, so it may be unfinished for a bit before the next author's note, when you'll know that the chapter is at an end. Sorry ive been gone, work has been tiresome and my truck decided to stop working so we've been trying to get another car and just life. 

Life has kicked us really bad. But I"m back. 

'~~~

Severus groaned and turned over. The cold stone floor had numbed him several hours ago to where he didn't feel the pain any longer. Not that he would complain about it in the first place. He's been through worse with Voldemort's emotional torture. He tortured when happy, when sad, when angry. Most of it was at Severus himself simply because Voldemort knew Severus could take it and still be loyal. 

Lucius, as he quickly found out, had taken him to his mansion, dumped him on the floor of the basement and left him for several days. Just this morning he'd come back down to the basement where Severus was thinking of Pharaoh and started on the torture. Slicing, crucio, mind games. If Severus didn't have Hermione and Pharaoh to get back to, he would have given up already. As it was, Severus wasn't bound or tied like he was before. Lucius hadn't bothered to tie him back up because he was so weak. Obviously he underestimated Severus greatly. 

He had no idea why Lucius was doing this. As far as he knew, they were friends, even after it came out that Severus was a spy. He vouched for Lucius and kept him out of jail, but not out of house arrest. He couldn't erase what Lucius had chosen after all, or what he had done. He did reduce the damageable revenge though. That was something wasn't it?

"Severus, you're awake." A voice Severus quickly recognized as Narcissa.

"Narcissa, why is he doing this?"Severus asked weakly.

"He's hurt, Severus. You could have done more to keep him out of house arrest, couldn't you?"

He used every ounce of his "war hero" status to help get him in house arrest instead of the Kiss. What did Lucius expect? That everyone would forgive him and go about their business? The man killed and tortured people, even if he was scared of the Dark Lord. 

"I USED EVERY OUNCE OF MY STATUS TO HELP HIM IN HOUSE ARREST," He shouted, getting some of his strength back from anger. "I COULDN'T OBVIATE THE ENTIRE WIZARDING WORLD TO MAKE THEM FORGET WHAT HE CHOSE. WHAT YOU BOTH CHOSE! HE WAS LUCKY I GOT THEM TO AGREE TO HOUSE ARREST INSTEAD OF THE BLOODY KISS!"

"He would have preferred Askaban instead of this, Severus. He has his pride."

Severus scoffed. "He lost his pride during the Battle at Hogwarts. You know that, Narcissa. Actually, come to think of it, he lost it after he let Potter and his clan go with the Prophecy about four years ago. Anyway, he would have never been back to Askaban. They were planning on using the last of the power over the Dementors they had before exiling them to Kiss your husband. I saved his life."

Narcissa growled. She obviously remembered all too well. "Well, Severus, you shouldn't have come asking questions about the twins. He knows you suspect him -- "

"I don't suspect him, Narcissa, I know he had a hand in it." Severus interrupted. 

"Perhaps, but you shouldn't have told him, he's scared now that you'll turn him in." 

Severus laughed heartily. "I'm not going to turn him in, Narcissa. Once I know what happened back then, why, and how it happened under my nose, I'll kill him."

"You can try, Severus, but you're close to death, now. You won't escape death twice." Without another word, she left. 

Severus took in a deep breath, then with all his might, heaved himself up from where he had pulled himself into a sitting position. It hurt so much, not to mention it was very cold. However, if he was correct, Narcissa would be so angry with Severus' death threat to her husband, she would forget to re-ward the doors to the basement. She was always forgetful if she was angry. A flaw that Severus found out years ago, but told no one about. It seemed that it came in handy now. 

Making his way to the door, he tested it warily. Almost with a loud laugh, he opened the door to his freedom. However, he was not leaving so soon. He wanted to pay Lucius one last visit before he left. Drawing himself up to his full height, he hid his pain behind his wall of cold hatred and strolled out of the basement to find his capture. The Spy Was Back. And he was Angry. 

______

A.N. 

This Chapter is finished. The next one will be posed as soon as Spring Break is over. Thanks to all who were patient and sorry to all that were angry with me. Love you all.