Meeting Again

"I seriously doubt that my talking to Petunia will sway her to speak against her husband." Severus sat in the car, arms crossed, brooding at being brought to a place that he detested. "Besides, she hates me and I am not a fan of the way she treated her nephew and my son over the years. Which she well knows."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Severus, calm down. Remember, this is a favor to Harry. He and Dudley have attempted to mend their bonds to give the kids a chance to bond and be friends. At least you can do is attempt to mend the bond between yourself and Petunia." Hermione turned the car off. She sat there staring at Severus, who in his Muggle clothes, looked more and more like an old man that should be telling her to get off his lawn. 

She got out of the car and waited for Severus to get out with her. She smiled at him as he held out his arm for her to take. She loved his gentleman ways. They walked up the path to the door. Severus knocked twice, then waited three seconds. "Well, no one home, let's get back to the School." He moved to leave when the door opened. 

"Who the rudy hell are you all?" A fat man with no neck growled. He had gray hair and a very large mustache that covered his upper lips curling sneer. 

Hermione smiled while Severus remained unfazed. "Severus Snape and Hermione Granger-Snape from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry here to talk to Dudley and Charice Dursley and Petunia and Vernon Dursley about little Tyler Vernon Dursley."

Vernon's face went red with anger. "My grandson will not be going to the same school as Potter. We have been rid of him for years and he will not go."

"Dursley, he will go. Whether I have to oblivaiate your mind or whatever it takes. Tyler will go. However I would like to talk to Petunia." Severus looked passed the angry man to see the tall lanky shape of Petunia standing there with a tall, rather handsome young boy. Harry had mentioned that the boy was about a year late on his study. Meaning he was around 12 years old and would need special training to catch up to his class. 

"Severus?" Petunia questioned. 

Severus nodded. "Hello, long time its been."

Vernon looked between Petunia and Severus and shouted, "NO, STAY AWAY FROM MY FAMILY!"

Petunia grabbed Tyler's hand and moved Vernon out of the way. She motioned for Severus to follow her. They walked several moments before Severus stopped. It was the tree. He hadn't been here since he was a child, no more than Tyler's age. Hermione watched as Severus fought himself inwardly. The pain of being back here must be severe. 

"I haven't been back here since I called her a freak." Petunia looked at the tree, sitting down on one of its larger roots. "This park seemed empty after our falling out. My world fell apart after I found out she died. Then, Harry showed up at my doorstep. I was forced to look in her eyes every day I saw him." 

Severus walked around to sit across from her on a smaller root. Tyler looked very confused, but sat on the ground next to his grandmother. Hermione sat next to Severus, prepared to listen. "I taught Harry for 7 years. I had to look into her eyes just as much as you. Even worse, I kept a secret for years and it came out in the worst way."

"You mean the secret that you are Harry's real father, not James Potter?" 

Severus raised his eyebrows in shock. Petunia smiled lowly. "I saw the similarities when he was about six years old. As he grew he looked more and more like James, oddly. Yet, I could tell that his personality was you."

Looking at Petunia then Tyler, Severus sighed. "Petunia, you know that Tyler will need special classes to catch up on his magic."

Petunia sighed. "Vernon hates your world. He will never allow it."

Hermione cleared her throat. "Sorry, but Dudley is Tyler's father. Why is Dudley letting Vernon make those decisions for him?"

"Vernon let Dudley and Tyler move in after his first wife died two years after Tyler was born. Dudley met Trish, got engaged, then Trish got cancer, moved to the USA and left Dudley. Finally he met Charice and had June a few years later. Dudley just never had the courage to leave on his own again. Fear of failure on relationships." Petunia explained solomely. 

"Ever thought about leaving Vernon?" Severus asked. Petunia looked at Severus for several long moments. She then nodded. Severus thought for a moment, glancing at Tyler. "Remember my house on Spinters End?"

Petunia nodded wearily. "I can let you live there, Vernon won't know where it is and you can stay here in town. Or, Harry and I could possibly relocate you and your family, minus Vernon." She thought about it, then nodded. 

"That would be wonderful, Severus. Thank you."

0o0o0

It took several months of work for Tyler to be caught up to the rest of the first years. Petunia, Dudley, Charice, and June, who was showing early signs of magic, moved into Spinters End. Word was that Petunia turned the place around, made it brighter. Vernon eventually lost the house and went begging to Petunia, who forced him to change his ways. Dudley was gradually getting his courage up to move with Charice, letting Tyler go back to Petunia's after Hogwarts then after his schoolwork was done, go to Dudley's place. 

Petunia and Severus weren't friends at all, however, they did keep in touch via Owl that Severus bought her. It took a while before she warmed up to the creature, after that, she loved the beautiful Skylilly. She was getting aquainted with all the magical mysteries that the house entailed, meaning Flynn had to pop over once a day to check in on her. 

Tyler had become great friends with Albus and the gang. In Slytherin with Albus and Scorpius. Scorpius' little brother, Loki, who was first year also, kept on teasing Tyler on being a late bloomer. Yet, they became great friends through the teasing. Life was good for everyone. For now.