CHOI YEONJUN - My lovely fox

You were walking home after celebrating your friend birthday. It wasn't a lie that you weren't feeling a bit tipsy from the alcohol you had consume. You didn't want to take a taxi way home because your apartment is not far from the party venue. As you were walking down your neighborhood street, you encounter a soft weeping sound coming from the boxes that are stack up at the side of the road.

You decided to go check it out each one inside of the boxes until you found a medium size black orange fox. It looked like it was in pain as it was weeping in its sleep. You slowly carried the box to your house, not wanting to wake the injured fox.

After you arrived home, you quickly put the box down on your bed before rummaging into your drawer to search for your first aid kit. After treating the injured fox, you can see that it's face had calm down from its painful injury. You slowly took the fox out from the box and put it beside your head pillow. You softly caress its fur as it feel so soft against your palm. A light smile appeared on your face to see the peaceful fox sleeping on your bed.

"Good night, little foxy"  you wish before slowly drifting into slumber.

The next morning, you woke up with a light headache. You slowly opened up your eyes to see the sunlight peeking from your curtain. You stretch your body before sitting down to fully awake yourself.  You take your phone beside you and look at the clock to see that you were late to go to work. You quickly get ready and left work.

Later that night, you come home exhausted by all the paper work your boss asked you to do. You flop yourself on your living room couch and rest your forearm on your eyes.

"Something smell so good" you said after sniffing the air of delicious food.
"Wait!? I live alone? Who's cooking?!!!" Your eyes widen with shock and slowly headed to the kitchen with a lamp in your hand.

You carefully take a peek in the kitchen to see a man around 6ft tall with black and orange hair standing at the stove. You were about to attack the man but stop after hearing how enjoyed he was cooking while singing some songs. The man turn around in surprise to see you that you have come home.

"Y/n! You're home! Welcome home!!" He said, spreading his arms to pull you into a hug.
"Wait wait!! Who are you and how did you got in?!" You stop him for doing so with the lamp in your hand.
"You brought me in" He innocently said making you frown confusingly.
"What?! I don't remember bringing a grown man inside my home except for an injured fox!" You stated.

You soon realize something about the man, he had black and orange hair like the fox fur then the bandage on his left arms is where you treat the fox left leg. You shake your head to the get the delusional thoughts out from your mind.

"No no...I'm being stupid. It's impossible. That only exist in anime! I think I watch too much supernatural anime that I'm not thinking straight about this!" You said to yourself earning a weird look from him.
"Y/n?" He softly called your name.
"How did you know my name?" You ask.
"You introduce yourself to me last night after you found me in the box. Don't you remember? " he said.
"No no no...this gonna be a prank! Is Hana on this?! Hana get out now! It's not funny" you yell making him confuse by your weird behavior.
"Who is Hana? No one is at home beside me after you left for work" he said making you more confuse and shock.
"This might be a dream!! I have to wake up!" You were about to slap yourself but he prevent you from doing so.
"What are you trying to do to yourself?" He worriedly ask.
" I'm trying to wake myself up!! It's impossible that you were the fox I took last night! You're a full grown man!! A human!!" You said that made him chuckle.
"Is that was this all about. You should have asked me before acting all weird out, silly" he said making you frown at his calmness.

He took a step backwards and start to spin around, soon after he had turn into the fox that you picked up last night. You jolt in shock and hugged the lamp that you were still holding.
"What is the meaning of this?! Are you even human? What? Where am I ? Am I still in the human world? Or am I going crazy?" You tightly grip onto your hair out of frustration and confusion.
"You're not crazy, you're still in the human world, I'm actually a fox demigod. I actually live in the wood but last night I was chased by hunters and there is where I got my injuries. I can provide you wealth so just say the words and I will give it to you" he proudly said after turning back into his human form.
"You poor thing!!!" You cupped his cheek and stare at him with sympathy.
"Huh?!" He was shocked by your sudden change of emotion.

Your eyes got tears after staring at his injury.
"Human are so cruel!!! How can they do such a things to you! Does it still hurt?" You ask.
"No. It feel better after you treated it" he smile.
"So...you're not afraid of me or even glad that I can provide your wealth? Usually when people hear that, they will immediately ask for me a lot of fortune" he said making you feel more sympathy with his life.
"Does people who take you always does that to you? You poor fox!!" You start to cry making him panic on why you suddenly start to cry.

He pull you to the dining table and pull a chair for you. He sat infront of you while holding tightly on to your hands.
"There is no need to cry about it, y/n. I'm used to it. I had been doing that for million of years" he said while wiping your tears.
"How can you still stay positive when people were just using you for wealth!" You cry harder.
"You have such soft heart" he found you cute that you actually feel sympathy for him.

After you calm down, he pass you the tissue box for your to blow your nose and wipe your remaining tears.
"You can stay with me" you said out of the blue.
"Oh ok." He was a bit taken back by your sudden invitation.
"And I won't ask you for wealth or any money. You can just stay here like its your own home" you said making him surprise to hear that.
"Are you sure? I can make you rich and you can live in a much more bigger house and you don't have to go to work anymore" he remarks while gesturing his hands of a big house.
"That sound tempting, thank you but no thanks. I don't want you to go through such thing in your life again. I want you to live peacefully without using your power for my selfiness. You can use it on yourself though but not for me. I'm okay with my current state now and enjoy working even though it can be tough sometimes" you said with a smile.
"I want you to live your life to the fullest and free you from selfish people who use you for wealth. So do whatever you want" you said that made him smile widely.
"You know, no one have ever say or do that for me. You're the first human who ever think of me other than themselves. Thank you, y/n" he pull you into a tight hug.
"You deserve it" you softly pat his back.

You broke the hug and gave a light pat on top of his head.
"I almost forgot. I don't know your name" you tilt your head.
"It's Yeonjun" he said.
"Yeonjun. That's a beautiful name" you smile then twitch at the burning feeling on your wrist.
"Ahh!!" You rub your wrist to ease the sudden feel of heat then see something appeared on your wrist.
"A fox symbol?!" You confusingly stare at it as it slowly fading into your skin.
"I kinda forgot to tell you" he nervously smile at you.
"Tell me what? What happen just now!?" You ask, thinking it got to do with him.
"I might have kinda made a contract with you" he nervously smile while rubbing the back of his neck.
"A contract but we didn't sign anything?" You ask.
"I actually can't tell you my name. But if I did, it's a sign to make a deal with the person who know and said my name" he explain making you grasp onto the collar of his shirt.
"I take back what I said! I'm gonna kill you!" You grin angrily at him.
"In the bright side, we're stuck together until you die. Isn't that what you want?" He innocently said making you sigh.
"That is the opposite of what I want!!!" You said.
"Never mind, this mean that no one can take nor harm you after we made a contract right?" You ask.
"YES!" He cheerfully said.
"Fine. If this can keep you safe then...I'm okay with it" you sigh in defeat.

Yeonjun jump onto you and tightly hug you with a big smile on his face.
"Ok ok...I know that's you're happy about it" you giggle at his cute reaction.
"Oh! I also forgot to tell you" he said while staring at you.
"What is it again?" You ask.
"I might have scared your friend this morning" he scratch his head out of guilt.
"Friend? Is it a she? Does she have short light brown hair, about 5ft tall, wearing pink clothes?" You describe Hana, one of your best friend that always come visit you.
"Yeah!! That's the one. I kinda have act grumpy at her and snarl at her making her run in fear" Yeonjun story you what had happened.
"That's fine. I will try to explain to her tomorrow" your giggle at the image Hana running away in fear then you gave him a light pat on the shoulder.
"But she can't know that I'm a fox demigod and my name" he sadly pout.
"It's fine, I can just tell her that your my boyfriend from overseas and make her call you Daniel" you said making him perks his head at you.
"Boyfriend?" He mischievously smile.
"What?! That is the only one available! She know my whole family background. I can't lie that you're my brother or cousin!" You try to hide your flushed face.
"I see...no worries. I liked it that you label me as your boyfriend!" He happily said rubbing his cheek on yours like a dog.
"That tickle, Yeonjun" you giggle.

Years past by and you had a lot of fun with Yeonjun being beside you.