Chapter 5 part 2

Smiling, they both walk towards the house hearing the shouting calm down, "I'm still getting used to living here. and it hasn't been easy." Mason chuckled trying to come up with a conversation.

Brent nodded in response, "Yeah i get that. new town, having to make new friends. but you can still video call or call your family."

Mason turned to look at him and gave him a small nod knowing, that he had to lie. They both walked into the house seeing Clark and Lois in the living room.

Lois saw them, "Hey sweetie how was your first day and who's this?"

"My first day went better than expected and this is Brent" He responded, Smiling at both Clark and Lois.

Brent waved at Clark and Lois, he seemed nervous meeting them.

"I was wondering if he could stay for a few? we're just going to be in my room..." he added, not knowing if they would allow that.

"Yeah sure" they both said eyeing Brent. "okay thanks!" and Brent was grabbed by the hand and slung barely able to climb the stairs.

They both got into the room. "I am so sorry if they made you uncomfortable, they did get very protect-" he rambled closing the door behind him. "Maybe It's because you're my actually first friend in this town"

he started walking around the room rambling, with Brent trying to understand until he walked up to mason and took his hands.

"it's okay, hey look at me, it's understandable. and no need to be nervous it's not like i bite." he laughs as mason seemed to calm down after Brent talking to him. Mason still hasn't let go of Brent's hand, and they sat there in silence.

"Anyway, i actually didn't think of what to do..." Mason said grabbing his books and moving them to the desk.

Brent looked at one of the books, and he recognized them as grimoires. Maybe this was what Madison was talking about Brent thought,

"Is that a grimoire?" He asked going to grab it.

"Yeah... yeah! it is how did you know?" he questioned Brent.

"my sister has one. it's a bit different but i saw the Latin and thought of it" Mason picked it up and brought it to Brent.

"do you think i could talk to her?. it's something that i need help with." he asked while Brent was going through the grimoire.

"so you're... a witch too?" Mason laughed before turning back to face Brent.

"i prefer Warlock but witch works." He said making a simple light spell. Brent looked amazed, because his sister has never done magic in front of him before.

"Had it all my life but learned about it years ago. The first male warlock in my bloodline.. i think? i haven't learned about other males. but other than im the first." he smiled and closed his hand and the light ball disappeared. "what about you?"

Brent shrugged "Basic human i guess, my sister is the special one, she doesn't let me see her use her magic. but seeing her room exploded once.."

Mason laughed as he grabbed the grimoire "I hate when that happens. usually it is when you lose focus that something goes HORRIBLY wrong. like once my sister and I tried using our spells against each other."

Mason looked at the page he wanted to show Brent and gave the book to him. he looked confused on why he was given the book.

"Lecutio?" Brent asked confused.

"they're both very powerful spells, It's used to generate electricity. i flew into our neighbour's shed." Mason said embarrassing. "it was very hard explaining to them what happened."