Chapter 11.. Tried and True

Mason, Madison, brent and Liam all sat in Mason's room trying out their powers. They all sat in a circular position as they used their abilities. 

Brent was conjuring up fire and made a ball. he smiled as he looked at madison next to him using her Water ability as she formed it into a ball. she smiled before looking at Liam.

Liam held his hand out as the soil from a plant pot floated and flew to him. he slowly moves his hand as a small plant grows from the soil. he was new to earth powers. he figured it out after accidentally growing a giant flower through his bedroom window.

They all looked at Mason. He lifted his hands as he closed his eyes. a small light slowly got brighter as mason opened his eyes. The light got brighter until it disappeared. 

His smile faltered as everyone else stopped their abilities.

"I told you guys it wouldn't work" Mason said standing up from the floor and walking to the desk. 

Madison stood up "Well we could try a power link?" 

Mason shook his head "No. i dont want that. ill be fine" he assured.

The group all nodded and all headed out but brent stayed behind.

He walked up to mason and put his hand on Mason's shoulders. "Dont worry, were going to help you figure this out." 

Mason only nodded and hugged brent. they hugged for a few minutes and just stayed in the room in silence.

The Group all got to school and went their separate ways. Mason went to go find the twins since he hasn't seen them all day yet.

"We need to tell Mom and Dad." Mason hears jordan say as he walked over.

"You need to tell lois and clark what?" he asks walking up to the twin boys.

"Nothing just something came up." Jonathan lied smiling. Mason nodded slowly knowing the lying smile.

"okay..? anyway, we're going to the diner, to catchup of course. you in?" Mason asks receiving both nods from the twins. 

"Great. ill pick you both up after practice." Mason quickly hugs the twins before running down the hall.

Jonathan looks at the boy running down the hall and sighs. 

"When are you telling him that you were having your powers that are effecting his." Jordan asks also looking at the boy down the hall.

"I.. dont know.." Jonathan said frowning.

After picking the boys up from practice. Mason firstly drove home to get ready for the diner. he wanted the twins to shower because they were stinky. 

Mason was introduced by lois to Lucy lane. they all sat around the table as she was talking about highschool.

"I know high school's more smash mouth, run it down the middle. But from what your grandpa has told me, it would be a shame to not see you cut loose." She told the twins.