Chapter 15.. Theres another one?

It seemed like hours.. years.. like time just stopped. Brent was looking at the unconscious boy, guilt bottling up. 

The Pierce family all stood around the Bennett boy. Waiting for him to wake up. It was just a few hours ago when the accident happened. 

The doctor came in "Are you the family?" he asked looking at Jenny, then around the room at the two. 

Jenny nods without hesitation "Yes. is mason okay, how long would he be out for?" The doctor looks through the papers.

"it looks like he might out for a few days. That explosion should have caused much more damage than it already did. What i cant explain is, how he's healing." The doctor showed the charts,

"See this. this is what arms looked like when he came in. and this is what he looked like now. The healing is sped up it seems." He says.

"well that currently it. A nurse should pop in to see how he's doing in a few hours." The doctor leaves after jenny thanks him. 

That leaves them alone in the room. "This is my fault." Brent says falling back in the small seat.

Madison scoffs "Yeah it is, you knew about the dangers of that fire and you went in. Mason having no magic, or protection went in because he didn't want the same thing to you since Jonathan." She slightly shouts at him. 

Brent frowns. What was she talking about. What did he do?

Madison realises. "He didn't tell you.. did he?" 

Brent slowly shakes his head, What was this about he wondered. 

Madison explained everything, and it left brent stunned, shocked at what happened in mason's world. "So that's why he came after me, he wanted to protect me.. even if it meant him getting hurt." 

She nods. "Yeah, but we're not going to worry about that now. The test results that came back.. seemed..  odd Since mason doesn't have magic, he's a normal human now. How is he healing so fast." 

Jenny looks at the chart and then answers "Magic never leaves the user, That's how he's healing. yes he can't use it, but it doesn't mean that his body can't." She explains looking at her children.

"So he is healing.. but slowly?" Brent questioned as his mother nods. 

The three Pierce's looks at  the boy in sadness, when was he going to wake up..

It's been a few hours and mason still hasn't woken up. Jordan and Jonathan have been over and talked to him hoping that something would work.

Madison has now called mason's "coma" a magic coma. His magic is slowly regenerating while he's asleep. Brent has never left his side. Jenny now came in and talked to brent about leaving for a few.

"Brent, you've been here for days. You can have a break and leave. go home and rest for a bit." She calmly says. he slowly shakes his head. "if you don't, ill drag your fiery ass out of this room and ill do it myself." 

"But- i" He tries, but she shushes him.

Brent groans. "Fine. but look after him please." 

She nods. Brent stands up and kisses Mason's forehead. "wake up soon, love." 

he then walks to the door before hesitating. he breathes in and walks out of the door, a pinching feeling when he walks further away from the boy he loves. 

Madison stood waiting in front of the car smiling seeing her little brother walking out the hospital door. "About time lover boy" she says. 

"now let's get you in some.. new clothes" 

Lois let the group into Mason's room, they all sat there in a small silence. Mason was the one who always started a conversation and now without him, it's just a small silence.

Belle sighs, "I might not have known mason as long as you guys have, but we shouldn't stop having hope. if he was here. i just know he would stand up and give a heroic speech." she says making the whole group giggle.  

They all nodded, "If he saw us looking this down, he would do anything to make up feel better." Liam added smiling at a small memory.

Madison stopped smiling and caught some of the other's attention. "What?"

"when we did that fusion spell for mason.. we used dark magic." Madison slowly says,

Brent rushes her "and? hurry up. You're killing me" 

Madison rolls her eyes. "What im saying is. We USED dark magic. It can't go away just like that and that's why he has rapid healing."

the words sink into the others heads, "But isn't that a bad thing? won't it just corrupt him again?" Liam asks.

"Not really. since we put his magic away in a magic box. he can't use it. but that doesn't mean it's entirely gone. which sounds impossible, but it's true..." Madison explains. 

"I have an idea but i have to ask Lois, c'mon guys" Madison leads the entire group out the room, and they walk to the grown woman downstairs outside.

They all see Lois and Jordan look at something, and they turned to see Jonathan.

"Why does Jonathan looked like he came out of a rock movie.." Belle says turning to the others.

"because that's not our Jonathan"   

_

Well that's another chapter done and we're getting closer to the end. i have something in the making as you see this right now.  Forgive me for spelling Errors

Finished (06.03.23)

Posting (13.03.23)