Chapter 15

Chapter 15

~Maya Marlowe~

Destani's lips were perfectly in sync with mine. She pulled away carefully and her body rose a little bit, causing her breasts to level up with my face.

I couldn't tell if the action was intentional or simply a coincidence.

She was wearing a V-neck so I had a pretty good view until she settled herself onto my lap again.

"Have I told you that you're an amazing kisser?"

I blushed,"Thank you."

She got off of my lap and stood in front of me. I looked up at her even though she was short.

"Maya!" A deep voice belted out. I jumped up in surprise. I pushed Destani into the closet quickly and shut it.

"Yes daddy!?" I yelled back, I exited my room so he wouldn't come and find me.

He was wearing a sweater vest, dress pants and dress shoes.

"Where did you come from?" I asked.

"A job interview," he replied."Did you do you homework?"

"Not yet but I'll get to it," I said.

Homework was a new concept to me. The worksheets my father gave me was not considered homework to me. They were just paperwork.

Apparently you have to complete the homework that was assigned to you and turn it in the next day.

"I'm going to take a nap," he said."Don't disturb me unless there is an emergency." I nodded.

"Yes sir," I said.

He strolled slowly to his room. I ignored his walk and once he entered his room I quickly rushed to mine.

I opened the closet door and pulled Destani out. She did not look happy but her pouting was really cute.

"What's the deal?" she asked."You couldn't introduce me as your friend or something?"

I sighed,"You're black... an-"

She scoffed loudly,"Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is no secret."

"You need to let me finish," I said, quietly. I locked my room door because if you dad burst in, it wouldn't be an easy situation to explain."You're black and my father is unreasonably... racist."

Her jaw dropped,"You didn't think it was important to mention this after all the time we've been spending together?"

"I just didn't want to scare you off. I didn't want you to think that his prejudice rubbed off on me," I attempted to explain.

"Maya, how racist is he on a scale of one to ten?"

I looked down,"Like... an eight... or nine."

"Oh my gosh, Maya! You guys own a f*cking shotgun! What if he catches me in here and blows my head off?"

"I don't think my father would kill you..." I wasn't exactly sure of that.

"That is beside the point! A heads up would've been helpful!"

I sighed,"I'm sorry. If you don't feel safe, I'll walk you home."

She let out a deep breath,"I'm sorry for snapping but I feel uncomfortable being in here now."

"I understand, let me walk you home," I offered.

She nodded. I cracked open my bedroom door and checked for any signs of my father. Coast clear.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her out of my room. I let her walk in front of me as I directed her out the front door.

"I'm sorry," I apologized."It wasn't my intention to cause you such distress."

"It's okay," she said, making eye contact with me as we walked side by side."There was no trouble so we're good."

"Destani, are you still going on the date with Alison?" I inquired."Are you going to kiss her?" I couldn't bear the thought of Alison with Destani. She belonged with me.

"Do you want me too?" she asked.

"No," I said, sternly.

She chuckled,"You're very open with your opinions."

"I don't want you to go out with her. That's all," I said.

She smirked mischievously,"So you want me all to yourself?"

I blushed from the sexual innuendo that was implied. I avoided her gaze and she enjoyed seeing me blush.

"You're really cute, you know that?" she commented and kissed my cheek.

*

A few days later, it was Friday and Ruben was back from the suspension that was issued solely to him.

The lunch table was especially happy to know that Ruben is back and that they finally have dirt on Nicholas.

They showed him the video that Destani filmed. Apparently, in this town, it is taboo to be attracted to someone of the same sex.

"Send the video to my phone, Destani," Ruben said.

"You gonna beat your meat to that video?" Jordan said. Everyone laughed but I didn't because I had no clue of what that reference meant.

"Nah, watch this," Ruben said. Destani sent it to Ruben's phone through her phone. Technology continues to amaze me. The fact that you could just transfer information in the matter of seconds was amusing.

Ruben got up and walked over to Nicholas' table of friends.

"Nickey, you might want to get up for this," Ruben said.

"I'm not getting up," Nicholas scoffed, keeping up with his tough persona when in all reality he was just childish.

"Bud, it's not going to be good if I show you the video in front of all your friends," Ruben said, laughing a little bit."I suggest you get up."

Nicholas contemplated it in his head for a moment and then ultimately got up and followed Ruben to our table. Ruben pushed Nicholas down into an empty seat at our table.

Ruben pulled out his phone once again and presented the video to Nicholas in a grand fashion.

All of the color drained from Nicholas' face.

"That's not even the best part," Ruben said, smiling evilly.

"H-How did y-you get that?" Nicholas asked quietly.

"You didn't notice someone was recording," Dustin said."Who's the f*g now?"

An unexpected event happened; he started crying. I was shocked and so were the other people at the table. All except Ruben who kept a scowl on his face.

"Please don't tell anyone. My parents are going to keep us apart. This school will lose their respect for me," Nicholas begged. Why would he make fun of others for their sexual orientation and beg when someone threatens to reveal his.

"I'm not going to buy you bull sh*t, you f*cking d*ck," Ruben said."F*ck with us one more time and I swear this school will treat you how they treat us."

Nicholas wiped his eyes quickly and nodded shamefully.

"You got it?" Camilla asked."Make sure your little friends don't mess with us either." Camilla didn't talk as much as the rest of the group and I rarely heard her speak but she has such a soft voice. An angelic voice.

Nicholas nodded again.

Ruben smirked,"Now get out of my sight."

____________________________________

A/N

Comment Vote Share and Follow Me!

Power trips though. What do you think of Ruben's behavior?