Chapter 2

Chapter 2

~Maya Marlowe~

I wondered what was she thinking letting her little brother out there. I believe if someone has a responsibility then they should do it correctly.

Thats what my father told me. He had a responsibility to come back but he still wasn't here. He has never been gone for more than two weeks and I was growing worried. He told me he would be back tonight.

I hoped that he wasn't hurt or nobody was giving him a hard time. This has never happened to him but there is a first time for everything. He has been gone for four weeks.

After I guided the girl and her little brother out of the woods, I returned to the place where the bear was killed. No animals were eating the corpse. Yet. I wondered if wolves ate dead bears.

I stood about three feet away from the majestic creature. I closed my eyes and said a silent prayer. I would want to be forgiven for killing such a shy creature. Tears rushed to my eyes, I whispered to myself,"I'm the animal in this situation my friend." I didn't deserve forgiveness. I also thought about the man I shot in the foot.

I turned around and spotted an object glistening against the bit of sunlight that shined through the thick leaves. I walked over to the area and picked up the colorful object.

I don't get it, why didn't the bear run away when it heard her making all of that noise? That's when I figured out not everything is certain.

The girl, her brother called her Destani, was speaking into this before she was surprised by that black bear. She dropped it.

She would have been speaking into a phone. I couldn't figure out what it was. I put it in my hoodie's pocket and proceeded to walk. I would figure it out once I got home.

I thought about Destani again. She made me angry, frustrated for some unknown reason that only be described as she made me feel uneasy.

I couldn't help but to think that she was awfully pretty. Gorgeous. She was in such revealing clothing though, a deep v-neck and the shirt stopped at her belly button. Her jean shorts were very short. My dad would never let me dress like that.

I liked her curly hair. I liked her light brown eyes and I loved her face, long eye lashes. She probably thinks I hate her considering the way I treated her but I couldn't help getting angry, was she trying to kill herself?

I felt weird. I didn't have to deal with too many emotions, but this one was a new one. I didn't understand it but I really did care about what Destani thought of me.

Why was I rude to her? That was a bad first impression. I couldn't help it. I haven't talked to anyone except my father. I would have to talk to him about it. It was better than trying to figure it out on my own.

I walked to home. To others it would seem small but to me it was an average sized home. It was just my father and I in the house. It had one bedroom, mines. My dad slept on the couch.

It had a small kitchen, a family room and there were selective bookcase with all sorts of novels. I read at least one or two every three weeks. We had a fair sized bathroom.

I still felt guilty about shooting the bear. I should've just told her to make herself look scary, but she was going to be too scared to do that. I panicked and shot it because I didn't want to risk her doing anything stupid to provoke the bear. Like try to play dead or avoid eye contact with it. I didn't want her to get hurt.

I had to make dinner for when he came. He didn't ask me to but I like to do it because it shows my appreciation for him. I want him to know that he is a good father.