[ 16 ] The Dinner Night - 1

Sanyu was walking toward the terrace but saw Sid's room door was open and enters his room. He was lying on the bed but his eyes were stuck on the empty wall.

"Someone is back home," Sanyu said walking into his room and sitting on the bed.

"Sister-in-law, are you good?" He asked looking at her.

"These three are keeping me always busy." She said patting her baby bump and he widened his eyes in surprise.

"Wowww... so it means you're having three piglets, I mean babies. Hey, peanuts, your uncle is here. Come soon so that I can take you out to the park. I love you, peanuts." He said kissing her baby bump.

"They also love their uncle." She said ruffling his hair.

He lay his head on her lap and she chuckled at his cuteness.

"Where were you last night?" She asked running her hand through his hair.

"You know where I was last night? Still, I was with Skyler last night and I asked her to become my girlfriend and she agreed." He replied with a sigh.

"Wow... that's really great. I thought you liked Faith?" She asked.

"I won't lie to you, Sister-in-law. I liked Faith but then again she doesn't fit in our world. She is so so so innocent for me, for our world. The thought of losing her will always eat me if I accept her. I'm not running from my feelings. I like her but I can't be with her. Guns, knives, and blood are not for her. She already had a bad past and I don't want to drag her into our world. We always live in danger but still, we survive because we grow up in this atmosphere. But she is not. She deserves a normal happy life that I can't give her." He said in a heavy tone.

"You can protect her always." She said caressing his hair.

"I can't sister-in-law. I'm not strong like my brother. In fact, I'm not even like him. At least, he was lucky that he got a chance to see mom. He played with her. He sleeps in her arms. He did everything that a child does with his mother. But me? I didn't do anything with mom because she died giving birth to me. I don't know the meaning of mom. I wish I also had a mom." He said with teary eyes and Sanyu wiped his eyes but her own eyes were teary.

"Don't cry. We're sailing in the same boat. But now when I'm experiencing this motherhood; I feel everything I had never felt before. I want to give my motherly love to my kids which I never felt in my childhood. And you, my big baby. I'll be always with you." She said kissing his forehead and he cried.

"Do I need to justify myself to others?" He asked through his tears.

"Of course not. You don't need to justify yourself to others. It's your life and you'll decide what you want. I'm proud of you. I'm proud of you because you know the difference between wrong and right. I'm proud of you because you have the ability to accept your flaws without hesitation. You don't hide." She said wiping his tears and ruffling his hair.

Randhir approached them and Sid quickly looked away wiping his tears.

"I'm sorry brother for being a coward. I'm sorry for not being strong like you." He said not looking at him.

"Sid, you don't have to be strong like me. Every person has a different personality. Just because you're not strong like me that doesn't mean you're a coward. At least, you're not running away from your problem and feelings. You accept your feelings for Faith but knowing how she is; you decide to let go of her. You know she deserves a normal life. You'll always have my support." Randhir said patting his back.

"And.. to your information. Faith likes Erick Lombardi." Sanyu said with a wink.

"What? that virgin doctor?" Sid said with a shock.