"She told you to leave so leave"

For the first time, in a long time, I was excited to return to school that following Monday. I looked in the mirror at myself, stood in a oversized "hell-fire" tee and a pair of baggy ripped jeans. I didn't care what my hair looked like and I hadn't straightened it. I threw half of my hair up into a ponytail, creating even more volume than my hair already had.
The outfit was nice, but to make it a little more me, I tied the bottom half of the teeshirt up, creating a cropped effect. I didn't bother to put on any makeup, just a little lip balm. And finally I put in a small pair of hoops to keep a touch of my girly appearance.

As I walked to school, it felt like everyone was turning their heads and staring at me, I didn't feel insecure though, I felt confident and I didn't even need to fake it. I walk through the gates and head straight over to Dustin and Mike, who were wearing the same teeshirts as me.
"Nice tee" Dustin said smiling.
I smiled "I've got to go and get to my first lesson, i assume I am meant to sit with youu guys at lunch now?" I question looking at them.
"Definitely" Mike smiled "it will be weird, we don't usually have girls come sit with us" dusting laughed and I walked to my first class.

I walk into my English class and instantly all eyes are on me, I smile and go take my seat. Only to notice that Eddie had walked in behind me, wearing the same shirt as me.
"Are they together" I heard one girl whisper to her friend "is that why Jason broke up with her"
I ignored the comments and looked at Eddie.
He grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer so that he could whisper in my ear "Just because your are in the club, doesn't mean you have to wear the shirt." I furrow my eyebrows at him
"Everyone else does so why shouldn't I?" I smirk and he walks away throwing my hand down. I can feel everyone's eyes on me, I would rather them think that me and Eddie are together then know I got cheated on.

The lesson was slow and ended up going over a little of lunch. I got up and grabbed my bag beginning to pack away everything at had piled on my desk.
"You really have to show off don't you" I heard his voice from behind me.
"I don't know what you're talking about Munson" I turned my head only to find he was already extremely close to me
"Why did you wear the shirt?" He questioned looking down at it.
"I thought-"
"Well clearly you thought wrong" I am confused why this is so much of a big deal to him.
"If it bothers you That much why don't you get changed yourself?"
At this point he had backed me so far into the table that I am almost sat on it.
"Are you really that stupid, you're wearing MY shirt" my heart drops, he handed me the shirt yesterday, I'm wearing his shirt.

I look up at him "I'm sorry" I look down and the shirt "I didn't know it was yours you should have said."
He scoffs rolling his eyes "come on then" I look at him confused "I'm assuming you're coming to sit with us so may as-well walk together" he throws his arms up in the air and I follow him to the corner where their table is located.
To make the situation worse, on the table there are only two chairs let, next to each-other. I sit down next to Dustin "hey guys" I smile at all of them.

Everyone is talking and laughing, joking about, I'm having a good time. But then someone taps me on the shoulder "I always knew there was something wrong with you"
I look up and see Jason looking at me.
"Leave me alone Jason"
"You've finally figured out you're a FREAK."
I look at him and tears brim my eyes, I open my mouth to insult him again when Eddie stands up.
"Leave her alone Jason" I look up confused.
"She told you to leave so leave"
"Moved on quick didn't you Jess"
Eddie pushes Jason's shoulder, causing Jason to practically leap into Eddie.

"STOP" I shout trying to pull Eddie away from Jason. Everyone is looking over and a crowed has now gathered around us.
"WHAT THE FUCK EDDIE STOP IT" I scream grabbing his wrist, he turns and looks up at me "stop it" I say calmly "let's go" I pull him up and drag him out of the cafeteria, and out of school. I don't know where I'm walking but I'm just walking, not look at him, just walking.
I stop at a bench near the woods and sit on top of it "what the fuck was that" I let out a frustrated laugh "I thought you didn't like me"
He looks at me "I don't"
I frown and look at the ground, half disappointed "why then"
I look up at him and he looks me in the eye.
"I'm tired Jess, tired of being known as the freak" I keep the eye contact and softly touch his arm reassuring him "Eddie, I don't like you, but from the past few days of half knowing you, I can tell you aren't a freak" I'm disappointed at myself for calling him those horrible names.

He smiles "well now you're a freak, how does it feel" I walk in a circle looking up at the trees "I'm going to be truthful" I look at him confused
"I Hate you, but I hate Jason more" I laugh
"I hate you but I have to agree with you" he fiddles with his rings and sighs rubbing his eyes.

He jumps up onto the bench next to me. "You aren't as bad as what they make you out to be you know" he looks at me and raises his eyebrows. I smile looking into his eyes, he holds the contact and leans in, our lips are millimetres apart and I can feel his breath from his parted lips.
"Eddie" I whisper breathless, he closes the gap, pulling me closer to him, sending sparks through my body.  His hand slides down my back landing on my waist and pulling me even closer to him, I'm practically sat on his lap as we continue kissing. It's aggressive, as if all the hate built up within us is getting let out.

He pulls away breathless, I stare at him, there is no emotion on his face. I hate the fact I can't read what he's thinking.
I sigh standing up, he grabs my wrist.
"Don't tell anyone" he threatens me and then watched me walk off back out of the woods.

what the fuck.