Chapter 14

He left the movie playing so I just watched as I waited for him to return. 5 minutes pass and I hear Kat's voice outside the door.

"Mmm, yes Triston let's make sweet love to one another."

I then hear a room door close so I hide my face in the pillow as the waterworks start again. I know I shouldn't cry over a cheater but after ten years of having a crush on him, just done and we only dated for three days. I hear someone enter the room and the door closes.

"Alright I ha... hey what's wrong, why are you crying again?" It was Cyran and I just couldn't reply to him as I cried even harder.,"Come here Flare."

I heard things get put down and the next thing I knew I felt his arms wrap around me. I just kept hugging and crying into the pillow as he calmed me down. When I was calm enough I started telling him what I just heard Kat say. He told me to stay here and he was out of the room again but he closed the door this time. I paused the movie as I didn't want him to miss anything if he was gonna be gone for a while.

I hear something get kicked in, I guess it was a door. I heard Cyran shouting but it wasn't loud enough for me to make out what he was saying. I did hear Kat start screaming to be put down past the door. Cyran came back a few minutes later and slammed the door closed. I jumped at the sound, now I'm very scared for myself. I just feel him place a hand on my back so I slowly look up at him.

"W-were they?" He just nodded yes and I felt my heart shatter. "I know it's gonna sound strange to ask but um, was he wearing it?" I hoped he knew where I was going.

"Um I don't know why that matters but from what I saw, no I do not think he was. W..."

I just pushed my face into the pillow and screamed with pure hate for those two. 

"FUCKING BOYFRIEND STEALING STD HAVING BACKSTABBING BITCH."

"I'm sorry Flare, you can stay as long as you want but those two are banned from my house." He sat next to me and pulled me in for another hug.

We sat there for a while as I just cried angry tears and screamed in pain from my heart ripping in two. All that time was wasted for a short three-day relationship, for it to be ruined like this. As I continued to cry I just rested my head on his shoulder as I let everything out. I lost track of time but slowly my tears were stopping. I took slow deep breaths to hold back any more tears from falling. As I calm down realizing he said he was the owner but he was nothing like what Clara's parents said.

"S-so this is your place?" I try to steer this away from the hell going on.

"Yeah, I own this cabin and everything in it."

"That's cool, so why spend time with a stranger and not at your party with your friends?" I was confused as I wipe my tears away.

"Oh, I didn't plan this party, one of my best friends did behind my back. I was livid with him as to why he would do this but I just stopped and went to do my own thing."

"Sorry if my friends and I are intruding here, Grace said we got invited but I don't know by who. I wanted to stay at our cabin and be my introverted self but my Ex said I should go and have fun. I regret everything now." I pout as I squeeze the pillow imagining it's Kat's head and I'm crushing it.

"Do you regret meeting me?" He gently gave me a squeeze as he was still hugging me.

"N-no, ahhhh there is no way I can say and it not making me seem mean. I regret coming here yes but no to meeting you as you seem nice. It's just all the events leading up to meeting you, I regret coming here, I'm sorry if I sound mean."

"Haha, it's ok Princess, I was just teasing you. Come on, let's dig into these snacks and watch our movie."