Chapter 52

I give him a smile when I notice his golden yellow eyes shift back to emerald green. The fur slowly disappears and that gross bone-breaking noise happens. Cyran's normal human body came back and he shot me a smile. I just hug him that he seems ok, I feel him wrap his arms around me and hug back.

"Sorry for never telling you the truth, Princess. I was just so scared of losing you if I did tell you." Cyran buried his face into my neck and just held me tight. "Now I don't care if I lose you because of the monster I am, I'd rather that than lose you to death. I've loved you for years, I was just scared to ever go and talk to you. I hope this doesn't change anything between us?" We pull away and looked into each other's eyes.

"It's a shock and a half to learn my boyfriend of nearly two years is a werewolf. I know I should be running for the hills screaming my mind out right now but I can't. You have proven to me many times over again you care for me and put my safety over your own. How could I hate, run away or be afraid of you after all you've done for me." I pull him in for a hug but I pull away shocked remembering his last words, "Wait you WHAT?"

He just chuckles, "It was my first shift, it takes us two years to gain control of our wolves. Duke took over and ran off from the house, his need to feast was driving him. He got a deer and started to..." He paused looking at my face, "Sorry, I'll skip that part. After eating his ears perked at the sound of someone laughing. I was scared he was gonna kill someone in broad daylight. I tried to rein him in but nothing worked, for some reason, he just stopped. I gained control and saw what he was looking at, he was looking at you Flare."

Cyran placed his hand on my cheek and wiped some of the water off, "M-me?"

"Yes, when I saw you I saw why he stopped, 'cause you were so beautiful. For like an hour we followed you up and down that trail just to keep seeing you. We even followed your car back to your cabin, sorry if it sounds creepy."

"A little," I chuckle nervously. "But it sounds a little romantic that a crazed man-eating monster fell in love with me at first sight. Sorry Duke, if he can hear me."

"He can and he said no harsh feelings. So fast forward to that party at my place, I was pissed off that my friends threw it without my knowledge. I stopped when I saw you walk into my house looking so cute. I will not lie when I saw you and that ass holding hands and kissing, Duke was gonna go nuclear on everyone there. I had to leave to cool off as I didn't want to shift in the middle of the kitchen."

"Ok good thing you didn't that would have been scary," We both laugh.

"I will also not lie seeing that ass kissing that bitch brought me joy but pain seeing how upset it made you. I gave you a moment before I went out to try my best to comfort you. One thing led to another and now we are here. Duke and I promise with all that we are that we will protect you. All that I said at my house was a lie, I just needed you to leave so this didn't happen."

"Wait, what if he knows we're both alive, won't..."

"Shhh, calm down, Princess. That bastard is dead, the blood you saw in the water was his blood. Duke ripped that bastard's head clean off his shoulders for throwing you."

I wrap my arms around his neck and hold him close, "Thank you for saving me."

"You're welcome Princess and thank you for saving us. I can't believe you swam our large ass all the way here. Your training paid off, I knew teaching you to swim was worth it," Cyran pulled me in for a kiss.

I kiss him back and hold him close as my personal heater is back and toasty warm.