Chapter 18

Cyran points us in the direction of the mall so I follow his directions. We made it and found a store so I looked around. Clara kept dragging me to the newest models and saying which accessories I should get. Her nagging made me get the Galaxy S22 Ultra in phantom black. I got the best protective case they had on hand as well and made sure it was waterproof. We go to the counter to pay and the person goes on about a deal that had about a free watch. I didn't wear a watch so I didn't bother with it.

The salesperson was confused as to why three people were paying for a single phone. I explain what happened at the pool, that my phone got soaked overnight in a pool. Since the damage to my phone was not my fault they gave a small discount. I explain Cyran is friends with the guy that threw me and Clara offered since she didn't get me a birthday gift in March. So we all paid and so I got my new phone. I turned it on after getting the sim and SD card in, I was lucky they were not damaged.

Since it took a while to get everything we were just gonna get lunch here. I gave Clara money to get me food so I can sit and play with my new phone. She knew my likes and dislikes as well as my allergy so she left to get food. Cyran went his own way as I started putting contacts in from the little phone book I keep on hand. I keep it on hand in case our phones die and we need to call someone. I get all my very important contacts first like my parents and friends.

I get the case on and make sure it's on tight. I also set each person to a different ringtone so I know when I hear it and know who's calling. I set their photos with any of the pre-programmed ones the phone had. I set my password to unlock the phone. I just look and mess with the apps it has and downloaded the ones I need. 

I jump hearing a tray gets placed down and seeing Cyran sit down across the table from me. I just went back to what I was doing as he started to eat.

"So, how do you like your new toy?" He asked.

"Oh, it's so cool, many cool features my old one never had. It's also so much bigger than my last one," I smile and wiggle the phone.

Cyran snatched the phone from my hand. I got up and tried to take it back from him. He was fast and had freakishly long arms or I'm just that small. With one hand he held me back and with the other started to do something with my phone. I tried to move around him but he somehow knew where I would try to move. I gave up but he kept his hand on my belly. He soon passed my phone back and I saw he put his number in my phone. I see his full name Cyran Black with two black hearts, one at the beginning and one at the end of his name.

"Um, why did you put your name and number in my phone?" I was so confused as to why since we'll probably never see each other again when we leave.

"When you go back home, we can keep in contact. You seem cool to talk to even for an introvert," He shot me a smirk.

I felt my face heat up and so I just sat back down in my chair. I jump as my phone starts to blow up with texts from Triston saying he's sorry. I rolled my eyes and ignored them as I was not accepting any apology from him. 

Clara comes with the food and places the two trays down and I see my twenty on the tray. She just said because of what happened she's paying for lunch. I give her a side hug for being such an amazing best friend.

We all dug into our food and it was really good. We didn't want to take long so we ate as much as we could before leaving for the car. Clara and I would eat as we were on our way to the carnival. Cyran was nice enough to hold my food so it didn't fall on the ground. I look in the rearview mirror seeing Clara wiggling her eyebrows at me. She would look between me and Cyran and do it some more. I roll my eyes at her and go back to the road.