🍇CHAPTER 14: BEFORE

Junkyu POV

Today, I am with Doyoung. As usual, never leaving the house. And today is also the day that the Royal Ball will occur.

I was contemplating where to attend or not. My steps sister's were alaws to attend by my father so that they can meet the Prince and worse is that seduce them. They don't like it. They just want to live their life as simple as it was. But father made it hard do them and us. My father was now preparing himself and also my sister. While me and Doyoung was cleaning the house.

Doyoung: Hyung, are we not going to attend the Ball?

Junkyu: I don't know Doyoungie, but father told us not to leave the house.

Doyoung just sighed in disappointment. I also want to go, but father?.*sigh*. I miss Haruto so much tho we just met. I have these feeling when I think about him, my heart start to palpitate like crazy and I feel like I wanna see him again. Maybe were not for each other?

Doyoung and I were now in the tree where me and my friends always meet. I was thinking of all the events in my life. Mom.

Doyoung was also silent. Seems like he badly wanna see Prince Yedam so much.

Doyoung: Hyung?
He said in his low voice.

Junkyu: Nee?

Doyoung: Do you want to know what Prince Yedam and me talked about when we were on the forest?

Junkyu: Hmmmmm
I feel like I'm interested.

Doyoung: He confessed to me hyung.

My world stopped. Prince Yedam is inlove with my brother. Should I be happy? Yes I should. But there is something that makes me doubt.

Junkyu: Ah, Okay.

Doyoung: What are you think hyung?

What should I answer.

Junkyu: I-I support the two of you.
I nervously answered.

Doyoung: Why are you nervous? Don't you like him? Is there something on your mind hyung?

Junkyu: N-no Doyoungie.

Doyoung: Hyung, for how many years we have been with each other hyung. Don't lie to me. Why are you stuttering?

Junkyu:....

Doyoung: Hyung, please speak up.
He said in his shaking voice.

I bursted into tears. I hugged him immediately and he hugged me back.

Junkyu: I was just afraid that you will be hurt in the end Doyoungie. Yes, I can see he really likes you. B-but, what if society doesn't? You may end up hurting and I dont want to see you like that. We have experienced enough the cruelty of this world and I don't want to you further feel it. I may sound like selfish but-

Doyoung: I understand you hyung and thank you for always caring and protecting me. You deserve all the kindness in this world.

Junkyu and Doyoung stayed in that position for a minute. Until they heard someone-

"Hyung!!" It was Sunoo, they went inside using the hidden passage. He was followed by Jay and Sunghoon. Sunoo hugged the both of them and so as Sunghoon and Jay.

Doyoung wiped his tears and also Junkyu.

Jay: Why are you two crying?
He said in his deep voice.

Doyoung: No, it's not that. We just talked and we cried after.

Jay: Okay. Did he do something to the two of you?

Doyoung: Y-yes, but-.

Jay stand up and walk to their house. But luckily, he was pulled by Sunghoon and immediately hid behind the tree with Sunoo.

"Doyoung, Junkyu!!!" The two immediately left them and went to their father.

Dad: Make sure not to go outside the house, cleaning the house because tomorrow you will be gathering woods. Don't be lazy and obey what I said or you know the punishment!!

Doyoung and Junkyu: Y-yes...

Doyoung and Junkyu saw their step sister in a gown. He looked at Jisoo's eye. She communicated him through her eyes. Her eyes was telling him to look below and he saw, Jisoo dropped the key purposely then smiled at her.

Her Father and Step Sisters were already gone. Since the way from their house to the Palace is far so they had to go early.

When they were gone, Doyoung and Junkyu went back to their friends who was hiding.

Jay: Are you two alright? Did he hurt you?

Doyoung: No, hyung thanks for the concern.

Sunoo: I'm really glad your okay.

Sunghoon: By the way, are you two going to the ball?

Junkyu: I wanted Doyoung to go but-

Doyoung: Hyuu, No! If we go, we go!

Junkyu: No buts!?

Junkyu was thinking for a moment. He badly want to see Haruto right now and confess his feelings for the last time.

Sunoo: You're having problem what to wear?

Junkyu: Y-yeah
He shyly replied.

Doyoung: That means, you will go?

Junkyu: Right. I also badly want to see Haruto and------

Sunghoon: You what?

Jay: Looks like someone is missing the Prince

Doyoung: Hyung?

Junkyu: N-no!! I mean what do we wear?

Sunoo: I can help you with that. But-

Jay: But?

Sunoo: My clothes is in the house.

Sunghoon: What if we will be back here before the time and get those clothes in Sunoo house while you two here will prepare?

Doyoung: Are you sure about that?

Sunoo: Yes!

Junkyu: Were really sorry so drag you in our problem.

Sunoo: Don't mention that.

Sunoo, Sunghoon and Jay stand up. "So we will get going now before we will be late in coming back here."

Doyoung: O-okay

Sunoo, Sunghoon and Jay: Bye!!
They said as they went in their secret passage way.

Doyoung: Hyung!! I'm excited to see Yedam once again."

Junkyu: Yah, take a bath already!

Doyoung: Okay.... By the way, what did Prince Haruto said to you when we left you two there alone?

Junkyu blushed at the thought.

Junkyu: Yah, stop talking and go take a bath.

Doyoung: Hyung please tell me!
He said as he elbowed Junkyu.

Junkyu: Later, just take a bath already.

Doyoung: Meanie!

Junkyu: Do you want to attend or not?
He said.

Doyoung: Y-yes hyung, I will take a bath already.

Junkyu: Good.

"Prince Haruto Watanabe"

"