Chapter 44: Blade [Edited]

Y/N

Three days. Three sunrises and three sunsets. Three nights of sleeplessness. And 72 hours of unbearable agony. In just a blink of an eye, my life had turned upside down and I couldn't do anything to turn it back over.

It's been three whole days that I had been stuck in this shabby vault with my existence turning drearier by every drifting second. After my failed eloping incident, Sang Ook decided to lock me up with tighter ropes in a different cellar, one that had no windows, just a small hole for minimum ventilation. So generous of him, isn't it?

The lack of nature in this hell hole was really starting to take a toll on my sanity and I was honestly worried for I didn't know how long it'd take me to lose it. More over the scanty provision I was remunerated with made little to no difference. Apparently, Sang-Ook was pretty committed to this whole bad guy mafia man image and he made it very clear that until and unless I transferred this whole syndicate to him, he ain't letting me go.

"Just a small sign Y/N-aah, and then all this will be over. See the pen over there? Just take it and write your name on this piece of paper and you'll be free of any burden you ever had-"

"What about the burden of trusting a pathetic soul like yourself and your illegitimate son?"

Sang-Ook's cloyingly sweet demeanor morphed into a much more stoic one and his glare grazed my soul with a shivery touch. With thunderous steps he approached my form, that was messily sprawled on the rugged floor from utter exertion. He squatted down in front of me and with his rough, fat fingers, he grabbed my face as harshly as he could before howling at my face.

"How dare you talk about my son like that, you conceited bitch?"

The way he held my face, his nails dug into my skin, and it was painful, but I couldn't help but let out an exasperated scoff.

"You are one to talk" I scorned earning a hard punch right across my face. By now, I had lost count of how many such smacks have had graced my body so far. After I recovered from my taser attack, Min Jun had given me a good beating that he referred to as his "revenge". The punches and kicks he threw on my restrained self was only enough to incapacitate me for a day or two but then again, his esteemed father kept visiting me, thereby rewarding me with more hits every time I tried to protect my dignity and my father's heritage.

However, even after the torments and cinematic insults, I still hadn't given up and I never would.

"Seems like our kind hospitality isn't suiting you dear, time to take it up a notch" yet another sickening grin emerged on the old man's face and with one clap of his hands, in came two guards, each holding a small, silver dagger. For a quick second my eyes widened but I was fast at masking it. I didn't want them to get a hint of their successful intimidation.

One of the guards approached me with slow strides and I closed my eyes, waiting for the pain to brace me like an old friend.

The icy touch of a metal was first felt on my left arm which was soon replaced by a fiery, burning sensation as a deep incision was made on my skin. It took me a lot of effort and a hard bite on my tongue to refrain myself from screaming out in pain. I could feel tears welling up against the barrier of my lids but I couldn't set them free. I absolutely forbade myself from showing any signs of weakness in front of these grim lunatics, not now, not ever.

A second twinge rippled through my right thigh and I turned my face away, gritting and hissing in pain. My breath had become deeper yet staggered and no matter how much I tried to shroud it, I could practically feel the struggle take refuge on my contorting face.