Chapter 17: Buzzards [Edited]

Y/N

"So.....what all information do we have?" asked a sedate looking Yoongi. His feet were occupied in a rhythmic stroll throughout the extent of the hall with a mellow commotion while his hands held on to a bunch of papers, printed with confidential facts.

The man clad in black skinny jeans and a red flannel shirt was completely engrossed in those white sheets that held significant information about none other than our dear friend,

Daigo

"This Daigo guy runs a mafia gang named 'Buzzards'" Taehyung spoke up. With a pair of black rimmed glasses siting leisurely on the bridge of his nose, Taehyung had his eyes anchored on his laptop screen as he recited points from his research. The radiance from the brightly lit screen irradiated his flawless features while his lips moved in an incessant oration.

"It's a small gang that was formed almost a year ago. The gang, though not very populous, has miraculously managed to build up an entire empire within this small period and the business they collected till now is quite the amount"

"Then why did they attack us?"

"Cause their greedy eyes are stuck on something bigger-"

"The Kim Mafia?" I cut in, finding myself in deep contemplation.

"Yes"

An unsettling frown lined up on Yoongi's face as he came forward taking a seat beside Jimin while the later had keen eyes fastened on Taehyung's computer, with his head propped on the palm of his hand.

"The Buzzards want to steal our identity?" an ambiguous query echoed from beside me, a profound looking Jin sat up on his seat, pulling his chair closer to the desk.

"What makes you think that?" he continued, earning a look from Hoseok as if he had the same question.

"I have reasons guys" Taehyung began. "I hacked into their server and according to their records, they have detail plans about buying all our associates! They have already started negotiating with the drug dealers from China. Next in line are the Bangkok suppliers-"

"They want to steal our business then, am I right?" Jimin barged in. His eyes drifted from the screen to land on Taehyung's face while his fingers combed his long pink hair into a smooth buoyant wave.

"I don't think so" Hoseok intervened. "If what they wanted was money, I don't think they would've spent so much of their own in ruining ours in the first place! And then again, they didn't even steal any of our collection, they just burnt it"

It took just seconds for the office room to be stifled with a fazed uncertainty. Anxious frowns lined up on all our faces. The Kims have been ruling the underworld for ages and no one in the near history tried to sabotage our business. New uprising mafias always try to maintain a friendly bond with us in order to exploit our money and establish themselves. But this was totally new. A new gang coming up with the intentions of destroying one of the oldest definitely had something to do more than just finances.

"Then what do they want from us? I mean we don't even know them, let alone have them hold grudges!" a seemingly irritated Jimin whined exclaiming his anxiety. However I was busy dwelling in my own calculations until a sudden thought hit me.

"Wait..." I spoke up making all eyes snap towards me. "You said that they were formed a year ago, right?"

"Yep....that's what I heard myself saying"

"It's the same year that we went out of business!"

The revelation pulled a tiny gasp out of Jin's mouth while Taehyung looked down in incertitude. Jimin slid the computer to himself eyeing the documents with a curious Hoseok peeping from behind his shoulders.

"Could there be a connection?" Yoongi inquired making Taehyung turn to him.

"I think they took the opportunity of our downfall to establish their reign of terror" the later remarked earning a convinced nod from the rest but for me, things seemed way more complicated.

Everybody including the outside world knew that the great Kim Mafia hit an abrupt collapse last year due to the leader's certain health issues but the reality went much deeper. The events that forced me into a life I grew up to loathe and promised to never indulge in couldn't be just a minor health issue. And only me and Yoongi knew about it. But we vowed not to tell anybody until we figured out the hidden truth of the situation. Circumstances that were created one year ago obligated us to keep shut to ensure our own safety. But things were different now. I was stronger and the urge to seek revenge blazed brighter than anything else inside of me and so I spoke what came to mind.

"Maybe....they were the reason of our downfall"

_____________________

To be continued...