Chapter 11: Antiseptic [Edited]

JUNGKOOK

Following the female inside I was once again standing in the fringe of the enormous empire, only the lac of population making it seem even bigger. The imperial chandelier still the same, dawned amber luster on the in-nominate paintings while the oak staircase contrasting against the white walls stood tall. The set of velvet couch looked just as alluring as before but not more than the succulent odor patrolling out of the grand kitchen. Man, I could eat...

"Dinner's ready Little Kim, freshen up and come eat..." an elderly woman walked out of the kitchen, a smile as bright as the morning sun resting on her lips. She made her way to the table, placing the ceramic plates neatly against the sheets. The soft fabric of a plaid apron hung around her waist giving away her identity and the thin layer of wrinkle beside her bright eyes voiced her experience.

"Sure Ajjuma, thanks" a cheerful voice echoed from behind me making me turn around in a snap, eyes wide with perplexity. Y/N had a big grin on her face and for the first time I could see some glint of emotion flicker through her orbs. It was.....love? The girl that reeked of ferociousness just a few seconds ago suddenly seemed normal and I found myself staring even if I didn't want to. The elation that reflected through her voice rippled against her dark personality wrinkling the impression my mind had rendered of her but,

a wave of her hand in mid air and immediately two guards came running towards me grabbing me from both sides, there by plunging me out of my thorough contemplation and back into my previous agony.

"Bring him up"

That being said I was ruthlessly dragged through the slant of the stairs and all the way to the end of the corridor where stood an elegant looking door, slightly ajar. Y/N pushed me in and I landed on the softest rug I've ever laid my butt of. A faint scent of citrus and cinnamon tenanted the room and lifting myself up from my disgrace I found myself standing in the pivot of a literal paradise. A king sized bed with soft pillows and sheets, all in the brightest shades of white, bright golden sconces along the walls and a large fixture hanging from the ceiling, a cooling unit at the corner, a walk in closet, though empty but big and of course a rug made of the softest fur. Staying in this room felt nothing less than lading a lottery, if only my internal conflicts matched the mood.

"Don't be honored Officer Jeon, you ain't getting any VIP treatment. The only reason you are here is because this room's next to mine. So next time you try to pull a stunt, just remember the walls aren't soundproof"

I was still in the midst of freaking out under the burden of overwhelming transposition when I remembered something,

"Y/N..." she was about to leave but hearing my voice she paused and the intensity she turned around with to face me left me jungshook. With a single gesture of her hand the room was now free of guards and as soon as they shut the door behind them, Y/N stormed towards me like an angry panther.

"How dare you call me that" she growled, crunching my collar in her tight fists. "I am Kim Brute to you, I am Kim Brute to the entire world and as for Y/N, you have no access to her..."

Fiery rage sheathed her vexed words as her eyes shone with an unknown sensation, as if she was insecure of her own name.

"You have a bullet wound in your arm, remember?" I scoffed pushing her away. The affliction in her words did make me curious but I let it pass.

"Why the hell do you care? Won't it be better for you if I just die or something?" raising an eye brow she glanced at me, hands folded against her chest as she awaited an honest answer.

"Of course it will but as for this one, I know you got it while saving me. You took the bullet for me and I consider it to be my responsibility to make sure that you are okay"

"Is that what you think?" a sarcastic chuckle echoed through the room as she plopped herself on the bed, face drowning in utter indifference. "I didn't save you, it was an accident"

"You know I have this special ability to understand when people are lying" I extended my lips in mock pride as I dragged my fingers through my bangs to enhance the exaggeration, earning a 'is that so?' look from her. Her previous nonchalant actions did annoy me and for a moment I even considered letting her bleed out to death but I guess I didn't wanna feel guilty about getting an obnoxious lady killed for the rest of my life. But the journey from the daunting intimidation to a normal conversation still felt comfortable.

"Where's the first aid kit?" I asked, making her look at me with sheer reluctance.

"Its in the washroom, in the cabinet above the sink"

"Okay" I stepped into the washroom and yet again I was dumbstruck. Damn, can I ever afford such luxury? I searched for the box in the cabinet and grabbing it, I made my way out to find Y/N sitting at the edge of the bed. I took a stool from the side and sat in front of her.

"Can you lift your sleeve up?"

"No, its too tight"

"Then?"

Without saying anything Y/N started unbuttoning her shirt making a decent amount of heat rise up to my cheeks. Finding myself in an uncomfortable position I lowered my gaze, not wanting to look her in the eyes or anywhere else...

"Quit blushing, you look weird" her unbothered scoff made me look up and there she was, with her shirt half open and hanging from her right shoulder while her left arm was bare till the elbow. A huge gash sat on her pale skin and lines of dripping blood raced down her forearm. The bullet didn't enter her skin but it did leave a significant blotch.

Taking the antiseptics on a cotton ball, I pressed it against her wound only to be rewarded with yet another rough smack across my face. Does this girl have a fascination with slapping me?

"What was that for?" I whined as I was caught totally off guard.

"It hurts" she gave an annoyed look making me scoff.

"A girl who can bear a bullet wound can't handle a small doze of antiseptic?" I couldn't help but let out a sardonic chuckle making her even more agitated. However, she stayed quite with a childish pout on her puckered lips. Maybe under the stony exterior, she wasn't that much evil...

___________________________

To be continued...