Chapter 12: Basement [Edited]

Y/N

I was sitting at my desk, trying to come up with a new security system for my warehouses when a metallic clank echoed through the walls. My ears perked up as the feeble chime felt like a strident clamor against the thick silence and a frown sheathed my face as I comprehended the situation.

My dear inmate was trying to slip away...

Being a police he was definitely trained at dismantling locks but I didn't expect him to actually try it knowing that he was under tight surveillance. Guess I had a bad cop on my hands. 

Throwing myself off the chair I strode my way out of my room only to find a well built muscular silhouette walking past the dark corridors and towards the grand stair case. I wouldn't deny being amused by his fortitude, this man really thought that he could just fool a highly trained mafia gang and trace his way out. But I was even more pissed off. In spite of my repeated warnings, Jungkook decided to disobey me and it somewhere hurt my ego.

"What do you think you are doing?" an angry growl left my mouth as I scrutinized the figure in front of me severely. Jungkook paused in his tracks with a massive flinch and slowly turning around, he raised his both hands in surrender. Posture reeking of uncertainty while his gaze was glued to the floor beneath his feet. I expected him to be a little more assembled when he plans his escape but his messed up hair and dislocated sleeves clearly showed that he just came out of bed and decided to go for a stroll.

"Now tell me, what should I do with you for deliberately disobeying me, Lieutenant Jeon Jungkook?" the words, diluted with arrogance slithered out of my mouth making the male look me, right in the eye.

A fiery passion shone through his brown orbs as he stared at me with flaming rage. The considerate communication from a few hours ago when he treated my wound was long gone, a blazing hatred inhabiting the vacant space. The fact that he helped when I needed meant nothing compared to the hatred I preserved for him. He came here with the sole intention for punishing me for my reality, how can I not hate him?

"How dare you talk to me like that? I'm not one of your workers that abide by your rules and orders" his enraged syllables vibrated through the empty hall giving his emotions an escalated significance. Indignation sparkled in his widened eyes and it hurt my pride severely. No one has ever talked to me like that before. I was the brutal one here and I wanted to keep it that way.

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me Jeon..."

"I'm not afraid of you Miss Brute, so stop flattering yourself"

"Well, you should be cause I have the power to insert a 7mm bullet right into your thick cranium"

"Then why don't you? Do it, I dare you..."

There was a hefty silence lingering in the dark space, stifling our souls while we stood there, staring into each others eyes with surging intensity. The fiery rage blooming in my heart was ready to explode and mark its territory like the molten magma and Jungkook's fierce façade only added to the fuel. He was a cop, desperate to detain every menacing delinquent that crosses his path while I was a felon, too proud to surrender. Basically I wasn't ready to lose this battle and neither was he.

"I am ashamed of myself for even considering you a human being and helping you. You are just a pathetic and lonely teenag-"

JUNGKOOK

My head snapped to the right and a ringing sensation vibrated in my ear as I felt a robust smack land on my face. That was it. That was my peak point. I felt my skin burn with the fire of rage and vengeance and I turned back to push Y/N strong enough to make her fall down. She looked up at me with seething loathe and abruptly extended her right foot, kicking me on the sheen, making me fall down as well but due to our positions, I ended up landing directly on top of her.

In spite of placing my hands on the floor almost immediately to support my weight, I was unable to break my fall and pushing her petite body flat on the floor, my face landed in the crook of her neck, her lavender fragrance intoxicating my senses. Heat started flowing through my veins at the accidental skin ship and I could feel my face change shades. The inevitable yet totally unanticipated moment caught me off guard.

With my chest was pressed against hers and my knees resting on either sides of her waist, I was hovering Y/N's small frame in such intimacy that I would have never envisioned. The heavy moment trapped us deep within making it hard to wiggle our way out.

Putting pressure on my hands I lifted my face up, my eyes memorizing the texture of her skin and as I laid them on the girls face, I felt my anger dissipate into thin air only to be replaced with something very new yet very inappropriate.

With enlarged eyes Y/N stared at me, her hazel orbs sparkling with dismay. The endless void was once again shining with unknown intensity. Involuntarily my gaze drifted down to her lips that were slightly parted. Her hands rested on my shoulders, probably to keep some distance but her soft touch ended up burning me even more. The rhythms of our pulsating hearts mingled together to plunge us in an ardent euphoria and it was getting difficult to escape.

I had never been this close to a female before and it somehow spawned some very unfamiliar emotions in the pit of my mind. I didn't know what they were but I was clearly not supposed to feel such things for someone like her. A criminal and a cop can only be bridged with crippling abhorrence and that's the only truth that mattered.

My mind was battling its very own conflicts when thunderous footsteps resonated through the wood bringing us back to reality. Y/N pushed me off of her and stood up brushing her clothes while two perplexed guards came running to us in order to figure out the commotion. I too stood back up and was about to return to my designated suite when Y/N spoke up, her words reigniting my vehemence...

"Take him to the basement and lock him up, he's gonna stay the night there..." 

______________________

To be Continued...