Chapter 29: Tingles & Butterflies [Edited]

Y/N

39   40   41.....

For the first time in my entire life was I actually annoyed by Yoongi's voice that kept counting the push ups both of us did. And by both of us I mean, Jungkook and I.

Yoongi giving Jungkook permission to roam about the manor freely was not something I had anticipated. Unlike Jin I wasn't mad, but I was truly confused as to why all of a sudden the two became such good companions. Yoongi still refused to tell me what exactly happened that night but one thing was for sure, he certainly disclosed a lot to Jeon that he shouldn't have. 

What if he exploits our personal information?

This mansion was Yoongi's as much as it was mine. So I couldn't protest when he let Jungkook inside the gym as well. I knew as long as he was locked inside this house, he wouldn't be a threat to any of us but I still couldn't help but worry. Yoongi seemed to genuinely trust him and I was afraid, if Jungkook broke his trust, the latter might fall apart. It had been too long since I saw my big brother smile like that, I didn't want him to lose that again.

55.....56

My arms had started to pain badly by now from the fatigue and I didn't know how much longer I could carry on with this. I hadn't planned on challenging Jungkook regarding his strength with the comment I made earlier but unwillingly I seemed to have given him the perfect opportunity to show it off. The smirk he offered me right before jumping on the protoner was pure evil and I knew he enjoyed how the events unfolded.

Sure the man looked burly and strong but who knew he would complete fifty pull ups in a matter of seconds just like that and would still have the energy to dare me to a push up duel. I was tired as hell already and all I wanted was to rush back to my room and hibernate under my sheets but I wasn't going to give up and give him the chance to gloat at my face either. At least not until I lose my sanity. Also he caught me practically gawking at his physique while he was busy with his pull ups so now it was a matter of self-esteem and hence here I was, trying my best to not let go and fall flat on the cold floor no matter how much I was tempted to.

However, to my utter dismay, it became extra difficult for me to go on because I was distracted. The thin white T-shirt that Jungkook had adorned all along did justice to his perfectly toned body. Completely drenched in sweats the fabric hugged his abs, clenching around the edges and the color white had now been morphed into something much more translucent. Strands of his wet hair stuck to his forehead like furcating branches and I felt so revolted when I found myself wanting to brush them off of there. 

Why was this happening to me?

The man held a face of deep engrossment. His eyes were closed shut and lips parted slightly revealing his all so eminent buck teeth. The muscles around his face tensed as he stretched them in a small frown, his body moving up and down to the rhythm of his loud, ragged breath along with some tired groans resounding through every now and then. Prominent veins proliferated under his smooth, pale skin while the muscles on his arms tightened through the sleeves making my breath hitch. It was damn hot to watch him like that, especially when I was facing him head on, but did I accept it back then? HELL NO

The passion to prove our superiority was high in both of us but my body couldn't take it anymore and as soon as my ears caught a loud 61, I gave up. I spread my arms and fell to the floor panting heavily with struggled inhalations before turning around to lie flat.