(57) Finale Chapter 1: The Final Battle [Edited]

A/N - The finale chapters are gonna be pretty lengthy so grab some minutes and dive in~~

THIRD PERSON POV

Deep pain blunged with ample amounts of remorse, that's what they felt, all five of them as they dwelled under the ghastly shadows of an agony that knew no limit, a moment that refused to depart and a fate that remained unjust.

The morning didn't come with rays of new hopes, instead it brought in lingering remnants of past fears and the boys, who just a few hours ago had been brimming with the excitement of their nearing reset, now felt lifeless and dull inside.

What was the point of this new life that didn't even have the presence of the very individual who made it possible? What good could this new beginning bring if their little sister wasn't there to begin it with them?

Layers of uncertainty piled up in the distressed heads answers to which didn't seem to exist.

With trembling fingers Yoongi buttoned up his shirt in front of the mirror. The full length mirror stretched all the way from the floor to half way through the wall reflecting the entirety of his figure and yet, his eyes remained static on his shirt only. He refrained from gazing up and sparing a glance at his own pale, tear stricken face for he was afraid, what if the agony dripping from his eyes adds to the soreness that was already clenching his heart? He didn't know if he could bear it any more. He was losing hope like a dead tree loses its leaves and honestly, he didn't know how much longer he could keep standing.

Everybody always leaves me, mom dad appa amma and now you too....am I that unlucky?

In the room adjacent remained the other brother. Curled up in a ball he laid on his bed, not having any care about his freshly ironed dress shirt getting all crumpled up against the bedsheets. How could he when his heart too was being crumpled against all the desolation and numbness? The baby sister that he loved to carry around in his arms so much as a kid was never going to return to him ever again, she was never going to call him Jin Oppa ever again. How was he supposed to make his heart believe that, or rather, accept that? Wet patches formed here and there on the fabric everywhere his damp cheeks touched and his eyes remained swollen, cold gaze being stuck on the only photo hanging from the wall, a snap of three radiant smiles, a fifteen year old Min Yoongi, a sixteen year old Kim Seokjin, and a tiny, little, seven year old Kim Y/N.

I thought wishes that once come true are meant to stay. Then why did the wish I made while blowing off the candles on my eighth birthday just drift away so suddenly? I was so happy the day ajhumma brought you in from the hospital. And now that you are gone, I'm equally devastated. Will the pain ever leave?