Chapter 15

Chapter 15

       I stood on top of the cliff, looking down at the vast forest laid out in front of me. The sun was rising, creating an orangey tint to everything it laid upon. The air was warm, and I felt free, powerful. The wind ruffled my fur and I howled out into the sky. The moment felt perfect, finally at peace.

       But then I herd a twig snap behind me. I immediately whipped around and gave a low growl as my enemy approached me. It was those evil vampires, come back for me.

       "We meet again, Willa." the lead one said. She approached me slowly, circling me, and I kept my teeth bared, ready for her. She stopped circling and faced me, both of us holding our breath in anticipation for battle. There was one moment of absolute silence, where not even the faintest of sounds could be herd. It held like that for what felt like an eternity, and my eyes locked with hers. And before you know it, hell broke loose.

       She leapt at me full force, but I was ready for her. I lunged back at her, just as she grabbed me by the throat and bared her teeth into it. I howled at in pain and struggled to let her go. Somehow I was able to scratch her face, leaving three bloody claw marks going across it.

       She hissed at me then threw me to the side. I was sent sliding towards the edge of the cliff, where I clung on for dear life. I struggled to pull myself up and I gasped, winded from the fight. Millions of thoughts ran through my head, and I realized my end was near.

       She then looked down at me. She gave a low chuckle. I was now a person again, feeling my will power to fight draining from me. This has gone on for too long, and I just couldn't take it anymore. I looked up at her and gave her a pleading look, my last attempt for mercy on me.

       She ignored my plea and crushed my fingers clinging onto the rocky surface. Sweat started beading down the side of my forehead, and I held in a scream as to not satisfy the enemy.

       She then hunched over then whispered into my ear "Goodbye, Elsie...".

       My mother than pushed me off the cliff with both hands as toppled down, down, down to my death bed known as the forest floor.

                                                                                  ~*~*~*~

       I shot up, gasping for air. My eyes were huge with fear and I was wet with sweat. The bed covers clung to me and I slid that off as I brought my knees to my face, bringing my hands around them. I eventually caught my breath and breathed slower, realizing it was just a dream.

       My body relaxed and I leaned against the bed post, reviewing in my head what just happened. I had been a werewolf in my dream, and I had tried to kill my mother. Only, in the end, she killed me. I started to slowly weep in confusion and frustration. What the hell was this all supposed to mean? Was I missing something here?

       I just wanted to know that everything in my life was going to be alright. But deep down, I knew it wasn't. I knew things were going to get much, much worse unless I got to the bottom of this mystery know as my life. There was just so many questions I had, I didn't know where to begin. Like, who was I? Was I really part of my family? Was I even considered a vampire

       Some of the more disturbing question I had were things about my mother. Would she really try to kill me? Did she hate me that much?And if she would, why? I guess that was my question for everything.

        Why?

       Why did I fall in love with a werewolf? Why do I feel different? Why was I loosing my memory? Why did I feel like I knew the story of the guardian wolf? Why did I think my mom was trying to do something to me? Why did I just dream that horrible dream? Why was I hit last night by the vampire hunter?