Janine

"Why must I go to this stupid ball?" I complained.
"Because your the alpha Jan, it's an alphas ball. It's kind of required" my beta Jackson says sarcastically.
I rolled my eyes "You're dismissed". Jackson swiftly exits my office.

I should probably introduce myself, my name is Janine Midnight. I'm the alpha of the midnight pack and the most feared and respected alpha in North America. Now back to the ball. Every year a pack hosts the annual alphas ball. Originally it was for the alphas to show off their lunas, cute right? That was until I became alpha then the ball became a matchmaking party for me (mentally rolls my eyes).

Now how did I become the most feared and respected? Well about 3 years ago when I was first made alpha another pack tried to attack and take over my pack assuming I couldn't hold my own. I killed them all myself  excluding the women and children, they became part of my pack leading to the respected part.

As an alpha I should have found my mate as soon as I turned 17 now I'm 20 years old and mateless. The longer an alpha goes without the more aggressive and less rational they become, one year without a mate I killed every man in another pack for trying to overthrow me, just imagine what 4 years without is doing to me.

If I don't find my mate at this ball or soon after the council will call a meeting to try and demote my rank so I don't go crazy. Here's hoping for the best.