Janine

Once we reached his room, I walked in slamming the door in the boy's face as they kept trying to apologize. 'Oh, now they are sorry?' I thought as I scoffed. I looked around his room and there wasn't even a bed. The poor thing sleeps on a pile of old newspaper, clothes and whatever else he could find. I laid him down on his makeshift cot very gently trying to make him as comfortable as possible, that's when I noticed a little rabbit ear sticking out from under the pillow. I smiled as I pulled the rabbit out and placed it his arms, he snuggles it tight. I smiled at the precious thing, now I must deal with those idiot wolves. As I was walking out, I heard a whimper, I assumed it was from my mate, so I walked to him trying to comfort him, but the whimpering was heard again but it didn't come from him. I looked around the room trying to find the source when my eyes landed on a small door hidden behind a garbage can that smelled horrible, dirty clothes and many more awful smelling objects. I approached the door slowly moving away the things blocking the door and I smelled a second wolf almost instantly. I opened the door and there sat a young girl maybe 16.
"Hello Darling, my name is Janine" I left put the alpha part not to scare her. "What are you doing here?"
"M-my brother" she says softly pointing to my mate. Everything begins to click. He keeps her hidden behind all the pungent object to mask her scent to protect her. I look at my mate in awe at his bravery. "How old are you sweet girl?"
"S-seventeen, t-t-today. T-that's why b-brother took bread. So, w-we c-celebrate b-but g-g-gamma Scott c-caught h-him a-and b-beat h-him" she says while crying. My heart is breaking with every word she says. I mind link my beta "come to the attic door" not a minute later the door bursts open startling my mate awake and terrifying the girl. "Seriously?!" I turn around glaring at my beta, he rubs the back of his neck while looking down "sorry" he mumbles out and I just roll my eyes. I look at mate his eyes filled with fear and worry he stares at the little girl next to me.