chapter 2

It was silent for a long time until Gabby broke it 'Do you think the others will be understanding and willing to follow Caspian and me?' , 'Others?' Caspian questioned. 'Yeah, centaurs, minotaurs, fauns,...' Gabby explained, 'Minotaurs...they're real?' the prince asked in disbelief 'And very bad tempered' Trufflehunter admitted 'Yeah, not to mention big' the dwarf added, 'Huge' the badger agreed. 

Gabby snickered when she saw Caspian's shocked expression at this revealment. 'What about centaurs? Do they still exist?' Caspian asked. The girl was surprised by the interest that her best friend had for the Narnians, she couldn't stop smiling about this fact. 'Well, the centaurs will probably fight on your side. But there's no telling what the others will do' the badger explained. 

We all walked on when suddenly Caspian asked another thing that startled us all 'What about Aslan?'. Everyone stopped walking and looked at each other, 'How do you know so much about us? I mean it's logically that she knows a lot about us knowing who her mother was but why do you know so much about us?'. Gabby was also genuinely curious about the prince his answer because when they were little they wouldn't speak of Narnians that much. 'Stories' the prince said, 'Wait a minute...Your father told you stories about Narnia?' the badger asked Caspian. Gabby winced at this question knowing that his father was a very sensitive subject, she could predict that his answer would not be as friendly as the others. 

Caspian clenched his jaw and turned his back to the group 'No, my professor...Listen, I am sorry. These are not the kind of questions you should be asking.' And with that, he started walking again. Gabby fastened her step so that she would now walk next to the prince. She rubbed Caspian's arm sweetly to tell him she was there for him, he really appreciated the comfort that she gave him without even speaking. 

Gabby heard the badger sniffing but didn't think anything about it, 'What is it?' the dwarf asked his friend 'Humans'. Yeah no shit, Gabby thought as she chuckled about the stupid remark. 'Them?' Nikabrik asked motioning to Caspian and Gabby, but the badger shook his head 'No...them!' he yelled pointing at the Telmarine soldiers that appeared a few meters in front of us. The soldiers started firing arrows at us. Luckily for us, a blind squirrel could aim better than most of the men did now, so we were able to dodge them pretty easily. 

Everything went well until Trufflehunter got hit 'Oh no' Nikabrik sadly whispered as he saw his friend in pain. Nikabrik was going to help his friend when Caspian stopped him 'I'll go', 'Yeah, but you're not going alone.' Gabby said as she unsheathed her sword. Caspian nodded and they both sprinted to the wounded badger. The prince saw to him while Gabby was shielding them. 'Take it, go! It's more important than I am' the badger said as he reached the horn to Caspian. He quickly accepted it and lifted the badger over his shoulder. They all ran back to Nikabrik and put the badger next to his friend. 

'Cas, we'll have to fight them off. It's no use running, Trufflehunter is hurt and they will catch up to us eventually.' 'You're right Gabs, do you have my back?' the prince asked smiling at the girl standing next to him 'Always' she answered with a wink. That wink caused some butterflies to fly around in the prince's stomach, did he begin to feel something for her? Caspian focussed again on the urgent situation as the men were approaching. They both got in stance and waited for the soldiers to arrive. 

However, there was an unknown force that caused the soldiers to fall to the ground with a yell. The friends couldn't see anything causing this and now there was only one soldier left. The one that was left threw his crossbow on the ground and started to cut down the branches around his feet like a madman 'Where are you?' he yelled but his yells died when he as well fell to the ground. The mystery force came from the ground and was now closer to where we were standing. You could follow its path by the bushes that were moving. Gabby looked at Caspian in confusion and was about to ask him what he thought it was, but there was no need since this unknown force now also threw the prince to the ground. 

Gabby wasn't sure about what she was seeing but she did see now that Caspian was wearing the same expression as her. The unknown force turned out to be a mouse.' Choose your last words carefully, Telmarine!' the mouse yelled as he pointed his sword at his opponent. 'You're a mouse' Caspian stated looking at the creature that was standing on his chest pointing his sword at the prince's neck. The creature sighed in disappointment 'I was hoping for something a little more original. Come on, pick up your sword' he said to Caspian. 'Uh, no thanks' Caspian said in confusion, the mouse got frustrated 'Pick it up! I will not fight an unarmed man. 'Which is why I will live longer if I choose not to cross blades with you, noble mouse' I said I wouldn't fight you, I didn't say I'd let you live' the mouse said with his little sword still against Caspian's neck. 

'I wouldn't do that if I were you since I know a hundred ways to make a stew out of you and I'll use that little sword of yours as a toothpick' Gabby said as she came closer with her sword pointed at the surprised mouse. He clearly didn't expect this kind of reaction from the girl. 'I wouldwatch your tone young lady, and why in the world would you defend a Telmarine'the mouse asked pointing his sword once again at Caspian's throat.

'Reepicheep,stay your blade!' Trufflehunter now yelled, 'Trufflehunter? I trust you have a goodreason for this untimely interruption' the mouse said surprised by the presenceof these fellow Narnians. 'He doesn't. Go ahead' Nikabrik said with a grin, Trufflehuntersighed at his friend's stupid remark ' Reepicheep, he's the one that blew thehorn and she's the daughter of Queen Leyla!' 'What?' the mouse said indisbelief as he stared at the two people in front of him. 'Then let him bringit forward and let the girl come forward. This the reason we've all gathered.'An unknown voice said. Gabby searched for the source of the voice and when shefound the person to whom it belonged she couldn't believe her eyes. It belongedto this beautiful centaur that stood a bit further with a pack of centaursbehind him.