Chapter 14

The princess really needed some time alone to process everything, she could not afford not to be focused with her full attention on the fight tomorrow. She therefore simply decided to walk around the fortress, she deemed that area safe. Gabby assumed that the Telmarines would not venture that close to the enemy's camp. Once outside, the princess enjoyed the outdoor air, the birds chirping and the intriguing smell of the wet grass. She enjoyed the moment alone, since her escape she had not yet had time to really take in her freedom. All attention has obviously been on winning this battle all along. Gabby felt peaceful at the moment but that would not last long. Two Telmarine soldiers snuck up on the unsuspecting princess, or at least they thought so because the princess had long since felt she was no longer alone. Gabby held one of her daggers to her body and awaited a move from her unknown assailant.

That move soon came when one of the soldiers attacked her along from behind, she was quick to dodge him and now launched the attack herself. She slashed him in the cheek with her dagger, a long red streak was now on the Telmarine's face. The soldier became visibly angrier and angrier and now came at her with pure fury, this time it was much harder to dodge him. He swung his sword around like crazy, Gabby tried to step backwards she thought she would have the advantage should she be able to put some distance between her and her opponent. But nothing was further from the truth, Gabby assumed this soldier was alone and just trying to kill her to get in Miraz's good graces. However, she was unaware that a second soldier was stalking her from behind with a stone at the ready. Once close enough, the second soldier hit her on the back of the head with the stone and for the princess, the lights went out. Gabby fell to the ground unconscious. The two soldiers had succeeded in their mission and dragged the unconscious princess along the ground to where their horse stood. They really didn't care that the princess suffered some more scrapes from the brambles they dragged her through. They hoisted her onto the horse and headed back to the camp where Miraz was now anxiously waiting.

'Have you found her?" the admiral said once the soldiers arrived at the camp.

In response, one of the men signalled to the horse on which an unconscious body lay.

'Miraz will be pleased, get her off that horse and place her in the cage provided'

The two men nodded and carried out the command.

The princess now lay unconscious in a cage, far away from her prince and the safe bed in which they would sleep together tonight.

As the first rays of light warmed her face, she gradually woke up with a pounding sensation in the back of her head. As she rubbed her fingers over the sore spot, she winced at the sudden pain and viscous substance she felt. She looked at her fingers and as she thought it was blood. Once she took in her surroundings panic struck, she found herself in a large iron cage that stood in the middle of the Telmarine camp. The princess cursed herself, this would make things much more difficult for the Narnians, for Caspian...

Caspian, would he know she was gone, would he miss her and go looking for her?

Her thoughts were interrupted by the voice of the person she hates most in the entire universe.

'Look who decided to finally wake up from her beauty sleep' Miraz said with an evil grin

'What do you want you pig?'

'What do you think, you are our lovely prince's only weakness. Exhausting that weakness will only work in our favour'

'You are deranged Miraz'

'I would rather describe myself as resourceful'

'Then I hope you are resourceful enough to pull yourself out of this fight because there is no way in hell you are going to win this'