Chapter 16

Hundreds of Narnians waited inside the How for the signal from their future king

'Narnians! Charge!" screamed Caspian as he galloped into the underground section with a torch in hand. The plan was that both Caspian and the Pevensies would count to 10, at 10 Caspian would make sure that all the pillars that support the field were smashed causing the field to collapse and the Pevensies would make sure that they thus all attack the Telmarines at the same time.

'Now!" shouted the prince as he entered the battlefield through a hatch. The plan had worked, the collapse of the How had created a giant pit in the middle of the field into which several Telmarine soldiers had by now fallen. Arrows flew around your ears on all sides and the sound of swords was deafening.

The battle had erupted and it was serious, the coming moments would be vital for the future of beloved Narnia. Even though the prince was aware of his duties and the seriousness of his surroundings, he could not shake the thought of his beloved. Was she safe, was she alive?

The Telmarine soldiers kept coming, there seemed to be no end to the flow of troops. Peter too saw this and realised what a minority his troops were in relation to the opponent. They needed help and fast, but where was Lucy with Aslan?

Peter looked up at Susan standing on the balcony of the fort, asking if she knew anything about her little sister but she too shook her head. Concern took over Peter's face, he decided to carry out the order he should have given back at the castle as well

'Back to the How!" shouted the King as it sprinted itself towards the entrance. The Narnians followed him, hoping to escape the Telmarines but in vain as a stone impact from the catapults brought down the stones that formed the entrance. The entrance was barred and some Narnians were crushed in the process.

The violent impact also put the archers in danger of falling debris resulting in Susan losing her balance and falling. Fortunately, there was still an embankment located just below the balcony on which the queen could safely land and then climb down.

It was not long before all the royals were gathered on one slate with their weapons at the ready to fight for what they held dear.

'For Aslan!" exclaimed Peter as they all went into battle together.

Before long, she had spotted the Pevensies, each busy fighting offThe group was fighting for their lives and those of the Narnians while Gabby fought her way through the densely forested area to get to her lover. Her head was spinning at full speed, she hated being so ignorant of the situation. What if something had happened to him? She would never forgive herself. That thought made her walk faster, without realising it herself. She walked so fast whether her legs could carry her, sometimes it even seemed that her legs were struggling to keep up with her upper body. She had to find him, every second without him was one second too many. the Telmarines. Peter was surrounded by four Telmarines and for a while it did not seem to be turning in his favour as they all besieged him at the same time. The princess rushed to his aid with the sword she had stolen from a Telmarine soldier for a few moments.

Gabby attacked one of the soldiers with a shout, he had his back turned to her so he did not see her coming. It was not long before she and Peter had overpowered the rest of the soldiers.

'Did you miss me?" she joked with a bow before sprinting off again in search of Caspian. Peter smiled to himself, he was glad she was okay. The High King first thought she was a giant busybody and pedantic but he got to know her better and now he is actually a fan of hers. Caspian should count himself lucky.

Gabby fought her way through the soldiers but still no sign of Caspian, she was starting to get seriously worried. One soldier attacked her as she stood at the edge of what looked like a giant crater, not that he had much up his sleeve. It looked like he had a wasp stuck in his trousers, Gabby had the man against the ground in record time.