Lost It All [Frerard one shot] PART 2

A/N: I apologize for the cliffhanger but what's the point in writing if you can't have people hate you for cliffhangers? Exactly. So, still in Frank's point of view. Enjoy.

Then, the doctor I saw less than fifteen minutes ago walked in.

"Mr. Iero, I have terrible news." He said with a saddened voice. I could feel my heart shatter, Gerard was going to die. "It seems that with the amount of alcohol Gerard has consumed, he now has a very slim chance of survival. The chances he will die are now very likely."

I felt an overwhelming wave of anger, and before I knew it, I was lunging at the doctor. But, I was pulled back, Mikey and Ray must have showed up when the doctor was telling me the news. I struggled in their grip as I screamed at the doctor, "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! HE CAN'T DIE! HE HAS A WIFE AND KID, HE IS IN A BAND THAT NEEDS HIM! I DON'T WANT TO LOSE HIM!" then, I just collapsed into a heap of sobs. The thought of losing Gerard killed me.

"I'm sorry, but there's nothing more we can do for him." The doctor informed me, then he turned and left the room. Leaving me alone with Mikey and Ray, who were both holding back tears of their own. They were trying to stay strong for me. I wanted to be strong for Mikey, I was just losing a friend. Mikey, he was losing his older brother. I got up, wiped away tears, and engulfed Mikey in a hug, just repeating into his shoulder, "I'm sorry, I should have helped him." I was basically sobbing into his shoulder.

"Frank, calm down, none of this is your fault. We all could have helped him. None of us knew this would happen. The doctor still said that he could live, maybe he will live, for us." Mikey was making light of the situation, giving me hope that my best friend will live. Ray had walked out of the room, probably to tell Lynz about Gerard's condition.

"Mikey, can I be alone with Gerard for a while?" I just wanted to tell Gerard how much he meant to the band and to everybody.

"Sure, I'll be outside if you need me." and he left, now it was just Gerard and I in the room.

"Gerard, I hope you can hear me, I love you so much and I hope that you'll stay alive, for me. For the band. For your daughter. We all need you, we didn't even know that you felt this way, please, we can help. Just please live." My voice was cracking by the end of my mini speech. I could hear someone calling my name. It sounded like Gerard, I thought I was hearing things, until I saw
Gerard's eyes open and him trying to talk to me.

"Frank, I'm so sorry. I didn't want this to happen, it all just got too much. The stress, the hate, everything. I just wanted to get away, but I didn't want to end up here."

"You'll be okay, we all fall down sometimes. You have a lot of people to help you through this, you have me, the band, Lynz, and Bandit. We'll all help you."

"Frank, I promise I'll get happy again, I love you so much and I don't want to lose you."