Jet Black Heart. [Malum AU] Alternate ending.

Calum.

"...Will you, Michael Gordon Clifford, be my boyfriend?" I ask gaining more confidence as I asked him.

His reaction was something that I expected but didn't expect at the same time. His face dropped and he look like he would cry again. "Michael what's wrong?" I ask, more worried as his face crumbled.

"I will be your boyfriend, but, just please don't hurt me like all the others, it will take time to earn my full trust. They all hurt me mentally so bad that I have serious trust issues," he explained. I could feel my heart shatter as I hear these words come out of his mouth.

Who hurt him so badly that he can't trust anyone?

"Michael, darling, who hurt you?" I ask, genuinely concerned.

"Calum, if I tell you, will you promise not to get angry?" he asked, scared that I would be angry at who this person was.

"It depends, if I want to kill them, I won't, but I can't promise I won't get mad," I explain.

"Calum, It was Luke, he hurt me so bad," he said, close to tears.

My grip instantly tightened around him, I was trying to hold in my anger. For now, I just needed to be here for Michael and I needed to help him get to sleep. I will deal with Luke in the morning.

"I can't believe he hurt you, Mikey, but please just go to sleep. You've had a rough night," I told him, kissing his forehead. I gently picked him up and laid him on his bed, I was ready to leave the room until I heard a small voice.

"Cal, can you please stay with me?" Michael asked, I knew that I would have to either way so I just climbed into bed with him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"I love you so much, Mikey," I told him while kissing his neck.

"I love you too, Cal"

I starting singing for Michael, since he's told me he loved my singing voice.

I heard that you've been self medicating in the quiet of your room.

Your sweet, suburban tomb.

And if you need a friend, I'll help you stitch up your wounds.

I heard that you've been having some trouble finding you place in the world.

I know how much that hurts.

But if you need a friend, then please just say the word.

You've come this far, you're all cleaned up, you've made a mess again.

There's no more trying, time to sort yourself out.

Hold on tight, this ride is a wild one.

Make no mistake, the day will come when you can't cover up what you've done.

Now don't lose your fight, kid, it only takes a little push to pull on through.

With so much left to do, you'll be missing out, and we'll be missing you.

Grit you teeth, pull your hair, paint the walls black and scream,

"Fuck the word cause it's my life, I'm gonna take it back."

And never for a second blame yourself

Hold on tight, this ride is a wild one.

Make no mistake, the day will come when you can't cover up what you've done.

When I was done, I saw Michael fast asleep, and in that moment, I knew that Michael was the one.