Ghost of You. [Muke AU]

Wow hey there it's been over a year but im here and im ready lets go. so heres the gist of my life, its less of a mess than it was when i last updated and im still trash for 5sos and youngblood is a heckin bop so this one shot is based off ghost of you, i've seen theories that ghost of you and a sequel to invisible. that being that invisible was the suicide note, and ghost of you is the loved one living without them. now this isn't going to be a sequel to my invisible one shot but it will mention parts in that so its kinda a sequel maybe?? this might be triggering so don't read if mentions of suicide or self harm will trigger you. enjoy this my friends i love y'all

Luke.

It's been a month. I still sleep on my side of the bed, just hoping that one day Michael will wake up next to me. But I know he won't, I still can barely go into the bathroom.

The bathroom.

The room where he died. The room where he took his life. The room where he swallowed a bottle of pills. By the time I had found him he was already gone, I couldn't even try to save him, I knew by his cold and pale skin he was gone.

I forget those thoughts because I know that they will just ruin my day. I just want to have a nice day for once. I went into the kitchen to make coffee, with South following me. Michael wrote in his note that South and I were the reasons he kept on living, but so much had happened in his life that he just couldn't take it anymore.

I poured my coffee into my mug. I find myself having to stop from grabbing a second mug, I still can't use any of the mugs that belonged to Michael. They've just been sitting there, untouched, and will remain that way for who knows how long.

I just can't believe he's gone, I thought he was getting better. I try so hard to not think about him because I know that if he was here, he would tell me to forget about him and move on, he would probably tell me to hook up with someone.

If only he was here.

When his family came over to get his belongings, I was still able to keep some of his things, I needed something to remind me of him. I was able to keep his guitars and some of his shirts. The one shirt that haunts me the most, was his Led Zeppelin shirt.

That was the one that he ran away in, we had a fight, he was struggling. It was all my fault, he ran away and I spent hours searching for him, I was terrified. I thought I would've found him dead in a river, I thought he would've jumped off a bridge. I searched so long I had to force myself to come home. Only to find him sitting on the couch, on his phone, being chill. When he saw me he had his classic asshole smirk and I couldn't be mad at him because I was just happy he was alive.

I finished my coffee and got ready to take South for a walk. As I'm walking through the house getting ready, I can't help but think Michael is actually here as a ghost. Like he's just there to help me get through this. But I know he's gone, and I have to live without him.

Dancing through our house with the ghost of you
And I chase it down, with a shot of truth
Dancing through our house with the ghost of you