The Only Exception [Cashton]

I don't usually write cashton but it's so alive right now why wouldn't i

Italics are text messages

Calum.

It's been two weeks since Ashton last texted me, or even responded to anything I've sent him. I don't know what I've done. Even though we dated many months ago but he said that he loved me again. Now we're back to what we did before and I don't understand, what have I done wrong? Everyone else tells me that I need to get over him and they don't seem to understand, I've tried so hard and I just can't.

Ashton was the most important person in my life, he still is. And now he acts like he's never met me in my life.

To Ashton:

Hi, I just wanted to know how you were doing.

Read July 18, 2016

To Ashton:

I don't know what I've done but I just don't know why you've been ignoring me

Most of my messages were just me saying hi, sometimes he would respond. Then he would go right back to ignoring me.

I've cried to Michael about him so much, Michael couldn't do much. I appreciate him trying to help though, I just want someone to listen. He was the only person who hasn't told me to just 'get over him'. He understands that it's not that easy getting over someone who you put so much energy into.

I decided that today was going to be the day I attempt to get Ashton back, I love him so much and I like to believe that deep down inside, he still loves me to.

I was going to send him a video of me covering 'The Only Exception' by Paramore, that was 'our song' while we dated.

I already knew what to worst that could happen would be so I just went for it. I took a deep breath and recorded it.

"Ashton, I don't know if you've gotten any sort of hint from me, but I still love you. I have been in love with you since the day I met you, I even still loved you after you broke up with me. I just wanted to send you this video trying to show you that I love you, I'm hoping you remember this song.

When I was younger I saw my daddy cry
And curse at the wind.
He broke his own heart and I watched
As he tried to reassemble it.

And my momma swore
That she would never let herself forget.
And that was the day that I promised
I'd never sing of love if it does not exist.

But darling,
You are the only exception.

Maybe I know somewhere deep in my soul
That love never lasts.
And we've got to find other ways to make it alone.
Or keep a straight face.

And I've always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable distance.
And up until now I have sworn to myself
That I'm content with loneliness.

Because none of it was ever worth the risk.

Well you are the only exception.
You are the only exception.

I've got a tight grip on reality,
But I can't let go of what's in front of me here.
I know you're leaving in the morning when you wake up.
Leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream.
Oh-oh-oh-ohhh.

You are the only exception.

You are the only exception. And I'm on my way to believing.
Oh, and I'm on my way to believing."

Minutes after sending the video I got a text, from Ashton.

From Ashton:

Fuck off Calum, you need to get it through your thick skull, I don't love you. I never did, in fact I have always loved Luke. Stop texting me, or else I'm going to block your number.

And that's when my world came crumbling down.

And I ended up crying for an entire night.

Michael just stood at my door and listened. Knowing I wasn't going to open it.