When I Come Home. [Malum]

May be triggering.

Calum.

I was terrified, I was worried, I was feeling all kinds of negative emotions. 

Michael called me. He said that he couldn't live anymore and that he was saying goodbye. I was thinking that he was just having a bad day and that he wouldn't go through with it. But there was something about the message that made me think that he was serious, he said that he loved me. He never said that before and I love him too. I'm so in love with him and he doesn't even know. I was with Luke when he called, I got up quickly, starling Luke.

"Mate, where are you going? The movie isn't even over yet," Luke questioned. 

"Michael, he called. L-Luke I-I think he's going to commit suicide, I need to get to him, I don't have much time. I need to leave, Luke. I love him so much and I can't live without him," I said, I didn't hear what Luke said because I was rushing out of the door and into my car. I started it and drove what I think was way past the speed limit to Michael's. 

When I got there, I rushed inside. 

"Michael! Michael, where are you?!" I screamed, I could hear the pain in my own voice and I was hoping that Michael was still alive and could hear me. I found the bathroom and saw a light, the only light in the house. I turned the knob. Locked. I slammed my body into the door about three times before it opened, I looked to see Michael, blood running down his wrists. He was crying and I could tell he was scared of me seeing him. He looked at me with so much horror. 

I took a step towards him, but he backed away. He was violently shaking his head, the same horror written on his face. 

"C-Calum, you need to leave." I got closer. 

"Calum, stop."  I got even closer, I wrapped my arms around him and he tried to get away.

"Calum, stop. I want to die. Get away!" He screamed at me, thrashing around in my grasp. 

"Michael, Michael shh. Calm down. Calm down, I need to clean your wrists," I whispered. he calmed down and wrapped his arms around my neck, gripping on me as if I was the only thing keeping him alive, I began to think that I was. I pushed the thoughts away and put my focus back on Michael. I placed him on the edge of the bathtub and got bandages, I wet a cloth and placed it on the cuts, then wrapped the bandage around his wrist. After that, I picked him up and carried him into his room and placed him on the bed, I laid down next to him and made it so we were facing each other. 

"Michael, do you wanna talk about what happened tonight? You scared the living shit out of me when you called." I questioned, only letting him talk when he's ready, seeing he's already had rough night as it is. 

"I just felt like I wasn't good enough, like I didn't matter. I felt worthless, I just wanted to die. So I called you, saying goodbye. You were the only one I called," he took a deep breath. "I love you so much Calum. I am hopelessly in love with you and I know you don't feel the same. I know I'm not good enough for you and you'd be better off without me." I noticed he started crying again, I wrapped my arm around his waist and pulled him into me. Letting him cry into my chest.

"Shh, shh. Michael, if I'm gonna be honest, I love you too. I love you so fucking much and I'm so happy that you finally noticed. Will you do the honor and be my boyfriend?" I asked.

I saw him smile the biggest smile I've ever seen and nod. He buried his head into my chest again and I kissed the top of my head. 

"You should go to sleep. Don't worry, I got you and I'll be here when you wake up. Just sleep, you need it." With that, I started singing one of his favorite songs. When I Come Home by SayWeCanFly, one of Michael's favorite artists.

 If you're afraid of the dark tonight
Then you can find the moon
Close your eyes and remember that I miss you

If you can't fall asleep tonight
No matter what you do
Just close your eyes little butterfly
I'll catch you

And when you see the stars begin to crumble
Burning as they set the trees on fire
And when you feel yourself begin to tremble
Don't be afraid to tell your heart that it's alright

When the night is dark
I am carried by your spark
And these days all I think about
Is coming home
And when I feel afraid
I tell myself that I'm OK
Because I know you'll be right there
When I come home
And I won't be alone

If you're afraid of yourself tonight
And you can't find your wings
Close your eyes
And remember that it's almost spring
If you can't comfort yourself tonight
No matter what you do
Just close your eyes little butterfly
I got you

And when you see the sky begin to tremble
Breaking as it sets the world on fire
And when you feel yourself begin to stumble
Don't be afraid to tell yourself that it's alright

And when the night is dark
I am carried by your spark
And these days all I think about
Is coming home
And when I feel afraid
I tell myself that I'm OK
Because I know you'll be right there
When I come home

When I feel afraid
I tell myself that I'm OK
Because I know you'll be right there

When I come home