Chapter 16

Parth looked at his Ruchi with shock.

Parth: What did you say? Your child? Meaning? You are...

Rochana: Yes Parth! I am pregnant. You are going to be father.

Parth was shocked to react and he was happy from the core of his heart.

Parth: Are you saying truth?*cups her face and hugs her*

Rochana slowly detached Parth and looked at another side.

Parth: I am really happy, Rochana. Thank you for giving me this happiness.

Parth looked at Rochana who was showing no emotion.

Parth: What happened Ruchi? Aren't you happy?

Rochana: I was! Now what's the uses of saying all this?

Parth: Meaning?

Rochana: I told earlier that in a palace only a queen can stay not two. You already welcomed Suhasini, so what's my need here now? Permit me to leave your kingdom, Samrat!

Parth: But where are you going? When will you return?

Rochana: It's not your business. I will never return here?

Parth: What!! Why are you being so stubborn Ruchi? It's not uncommon that kings or princes marry more than once. Even your father did that too.

Rochana: And I was left orphan after my mother's death and that woman was responsible for that. Every time, I had to fight with death in my kingdom only. Do you know my problem is not that you married again but my problem is Suhasini? What did you see in her?