Chapter 4

I woke up to another day in Paris. Another round of paradise in mystery I guess. My days are limited here so I have to make every second count and quickly get to the bottom of this time mess. Time is literally catching up on me. I hear this banging on my door which is making my head crumble. Let's be honest, it's probably my mother having a go at me because Harry wants to go to someplace 'romantic' to impress Venessa. There has always been a debate whether money buys you happiness. On the one hand, you can clearly see that Venessa is not interested in Harry as she is always shy around him. She is always like a little, cute dog who doesn't want to bring its ball to its master but has to because otherwise the big, grizzly wolf will come out and get her. But, my brother buying her all these things makes me wonder whether she is in it for the money. Perhaps, a golddigger? On the other hand, people become addicted to pain as once you become used to it, it never leaves you and it becomes normal. My brother would always buy things for our parents if he did anything wrong to apologise. Maybe, Venessa accepted these gifts like my parents thinking he would change. It just shows you how greedy our society is. If you have money you can get anywhere in society. I mean look at Al Capone. He made millions of money by selling alcohol illegally and then he was able to take over all of Chicago.

Reluctantly, I make my way to the door and look through the little peep hole. Of course it's my mum; however, this visit is different. Her face is extremely pale and it looks like she is a walking corpse. Very is a worried expression on her face which juxtaposes her usual happy self. Part of me doesn't want to open the door because if I do, I will be dragged into her mess automatically and I'll be the one who has to sort it out. On the other hand, if I do open it then it doesn't make me a selfish person. I go with the second option as I don't want to end up being like my careless brother.

My mother walks in frantically and is pacing up and down the room. She is breathing very heavily-almost like she has run a marathon. She is struggling to breathe. I usher her to my bed and get her to sit down, hoping it will calm her down. I grab a white mug from my room and go to my bathroom to fill it up with cold, refreshing water. Perhaps, it will purify her. I give it to her and I pat her back and rub it hoping that she will gain comfort from it.

"Is everything ok?" I eventually asked.

You never know with her. It could be something silly that the latest Gucci shoes are not in stock or her and Olly might have had a huge argument. She was taking small sips from the cup I gave her and eventually, she broke the silence by saying something.

"Venessa and Harry had a huge argument. She left Harry to get space from him and she hasn't come back in hours. Harry is really angry and there is nothing stopping him from finding Venessa." she said.

At this point I think I would've rather jumped off my balcony and choose option one. I mean good on Venessa though, I would've left Harry years ago if I could. But you know, you can't leave family as they are blood.

"How many hours has she gone?" I asked.

I know that sounds like a bit of a stupid question but if she has only been gone for three hours then I don't know what all the fuss is about. Eventually, she will have to come back. (Sadly for her). Honestly, I wish she would take me with her. I wish I could take her back to the 1900s but, this world might just be in my head. Someone might be drugging me every night and I wouldn't know of it. I mean, if I did take her back to the 1900s maybe, I would have someone else to see the evidence and I won't think I'm so crazy. I wouldn't have to go to a psychiatric hospital or something to get stocked up with drugs. Although, people on those drugs always seem to be so happy so again, the idea of that doesn't sound so bad.

"She has been gone for 13 hours." she replied.

Never mind, that is a long time. For once my parents are not exaggerating for once in their life. But still though, she probably booked a hotel or something to sleep somewhere else apart from being next to Harry. Or on top of him...