Chapter 10

We start making our way around Paris. I just allow Gabrielle to lead me because she is way more experienced than me in these circumstances.

"Where exactly are we going?" I ask.

"To my place." she replied.

And that's where we went. This time I came invited instead of uninvited. She opened the door and I was about to walk in but she stopped me. What's the matter? Doesn't she trust me?

"Wait out here, I'll be back in a minute." she said

Just like a loyal dog obeying its master, that's what I did.

GABRIELLE

I don't hate John, it's quite the opposite actually. But, when you've been in the field for so long, you can get these gut feelings when you feel like something is off. I have that feeling right now. I don't want to lose him, he has been through enough. We've been through enough.

I walk through my house with caution and there, in my living room is the Chief standing there waiting for me. Clearly he hasn't been there for long as he has not made himself comfortable yet.

"So that's what you meant by you didn't trust me, you wanted me to come back here and pack things up right now." I said.

A man passes a phone to the chief and he picks it up and listens to the conversation in content.

"We've got the boy outside. He says that this isn't his fight." he said.

"It isn't, let him go." I said.

"He isn't our concern." he said back onto the phone.

Not going to lie, I wasn't expecting that. I thought this was all about catching him and giving him up to the Americans. Why the change of heart? There must have been a new deal. But what?

"I'm disappointed in you." I said.

"You are?" he asked.

"What deal did you strike with the organisation that we know little of?" I asked.

"We didn't-it's about trust. You said you weren't motivated by John." he said.

"I'm motivated by my duty." I said.

"No, I think you're blinded by love that you don't care what you do. It's time to go." he said.

I get escorted to my room and to my surprise, someone has left a present for me. There was a woman shot in the head and there was blood splattered all over my bed.

"It wasn't John." I said in his defence.

"No doubt, but why?" he asked.

"It's just a misdirection." I said.

"But why him, Finch? He just works in an office writing screenplays. You're removed from this operation. You will be leaving now." he said sharply.

Two men escorted me out of my house and took all of the weapons I had. Just as we got to my stairs I head butted one in the head and kicked the other man in the leg so they both fell to the floor. I didn't have to do anything else as they got knocked out by tumbling down the stairs. I took my weapons off of them (which was a gun and a knife) and walked down casually.

I walked outside where John was outside patiently and the Chief was speaking to him.

"John shows true bravery. Tell your report that. Now I need to see this through." I said.

"There is nowhere to go. People are already after you both now." the chief said.

John meanwhile was just standing there cluelessly and had no clue what on earth was going on. We looked off into the distant street and there were hundreds of black cars coming up.