Chapter 21

Even though there was smoke filling the air from the explosion, we all started to stare up at the beautiful, blue sky that we saved from war. It seemed so peaceful until... I saw this helicopter. On all of the uniforms for Mr Waltz, there was a logo, like some sort or crest and I swore I could see it on this helicopter.

"Do you see that, Gabrielle?" I asked.

"Holy shit, he just doesn't die." she said.

She pulled her gun out and then started shooting at the helicopter that was obviously one of Mr Waltz's. It was hitting the helicopter; however, it wasn't doing much damage.

She started running at it and then the helicopter decided to follow this river path that was nearby. Gabrielle got onto the docks where the helicopter had led us that were filled with numerous boats.

One couple was about to drive off on their boat, Gabrielle hijacked it and decided to start driving it to catch up with the helicopter. Sam took the wheel as Gabrielle continued to keep shooting at the helicopter. The couple did try and push us off into the river; however, I pulled my gun out on them and pointed it at them. Obviously I wasn't going to shoot them because they had done nothing wrong but I didn't want them destroying our chances of this.

After many tries, Gabrielle did hit the helicopter and it set on fire and started swerving about until it decided it needed to land and went for the nearest road that would serve as a great landing pad.

Gabrielle swerved our boat to the side and we hopped off of it so we could inspect the ruins of the helicopter. We bolted our way to the road where we saw Mr Waltz crawling away for his life. He was literally on the last of his limbs as his legs were damaged from the crash.

We met about half way and Gabrielle pulled out a gun on him so he wouldn't pull any unexpected moves. All of the public was shocked and they started crowding around us like a swarm of flies.

"Finish it." Mr Waltz said.

Gabrielle looked at Sam and I as if one of us were her devil telling her to do it and the other, her angel telling her to not do it.

She did the right thing and put her gun back into her pocket slowly as she still seemed a bit hesitant by the decision she just made.

By this point, police were swarming the scene and Gabrielle grabbed my hand and we walked off and Sam followed. She reached into her pocket again and she grabbed the gun she just had and threw it into the river so it could be lost forever.