Chapter 19

Gabrielle took the wheel and drove us to their base. We weren't entirely sure if that's where they wanted to meet us but we had no other option really.

When we got there, there were numerous men in black suits and ties circling the place.

"Aw, they look lovely don't they?" said Sam.

It was very obvious that they were loaded and their hands looked ready to pounce at any moment to their guns.

"Is it too late to turn back?" I asked.

Gabrielle stared at us through the mirror and gave us an unimpressed look. The kind you get when the mother tells the two kids at the back of the car to knock it off.

We slowly got out of our cars so we wouldn't put off the gunmen. On the outside, we looked calm and collective; however, on the inside, my adrenaline was on fire.

"Good afternoon, Gentlemen and lady. I want you to know that we all are excited to finally meet you." said a man who was clearly in charge of this little troop.

I was adjusting my jacket because if I'm going to die, I better look good.

"Well, it's a pleasure to be here." I said.

"The host invited you and he encouraged you to rest. He will join you for a drink very soon." said the man.

"What, so he can spike them?" said Sam sarcastically.

Gabrielle wasn't very impressed by this comment and elbowed him subtly to express her feelings.

"We won't be late." said Sam trying to hide his pain from Gabrielle.

"Well, that's good! Otherwise I would have to kill you!" said the man as he bursted into laughter.

At first, we were all stunned. We didn't know whether to laugh or not... eventually we all did but it was very obvious it was put on. The man then stopped and quickly went back into a poker face.

"Oh, one more thing.", as the man said this, one of his people walked up to us with a fancy plate with a napkin on it, "we can't afford for you to destroy our work." he finally finished.

"Of course," said Gabrielle.

She was the only person holding any guns but we all had to empty our pockets no matter how little and unimportant the object was.

We all then got taken down to his not so secret base anymore. We were taken to these rooms where each individual person had their own room. My room was mainly black with a little bit of a hint of white and silvers. There was a bed and a little sitting area with a mirror too.

The thing that really caught my eye was the window. Who would've thought that there would be a window underground! I opened the blinds a little bit and there was literally a whole ass factory underground. I have no clue how they keep that eco-friendly. It probably isn't, let's be honest.

Another thing that caught my eye was there was a picture of Mr Waltz and my brother together with their arms around each other. They obviously look close and friendly. The worst part about it is that they look even closer than our own brotherly relationship.

That feeling was a real kick in the balls. Perhaps, if we were close, he wouldn't be in this situation at all.

After spending some time in our rooms, the man collected us again and then we had a walk around the factory/plant that I saw outside my window.

"This is a very special place. He has requested you enter it without me." said the man.

We all continued to walk in silently and just looked at each other silently. This room we were about to walk in could be the death of us. There is no in or out now. This is real.