Chapter 23 "Regret" (Last chapter)

Everyone was celebrating Thor's triumphant success against the dark elves and such. They had won by a hair. Everyone was dancing and laughing and having a good time as the war was done. Now the long process of re-building Asgard was next. They were able to chase the Dark elves out and back into their own realm. Loki has suddenly become very angry and not himself. He wandered around the halls of the palace as he wanted to be by himself for a little bit.

"Hey Loki" Shouted Valond. Loki turned around to see him dressed nice and panting "Could you get Skylar, she's been in her room all night long and father wants to talk to her and such"

"I guess we didn't need her help after all" said Loki.

"I think that’s what he wants to talk to her about" said Valond "I'm just worried, she hasn't come out for a while now"

"I'll check, she's probably just pouting" sighed Loki.

Loki made his way to Skylar's bedroom and knocked on the door. He waited but no answer. He knocked again and again but still no answer.

"Sky I know your mad but come out, your father wants to talk to you" said Loki.

Still, dead silence. Loki sighed and teleported inside the room. He emerged and saw nothing. No one was in her room, Hela and Marina were gone. The beds were made, everything was clean and gone. Loki stood in shock; Skylar had left, like he had told her to. A sudden feeling of guilt piled up on him making him weak to his knees and fall. He saw a small little envelope on the side of Skylar's dresser. He stood up and picked the envelope up. He sat on the bed and opened it slowly. His hands were shaking as he unfolded it. He started to read the very well written note:

Dear Loki,

I know you were able to get into my room and found this note. It is true, I left. I don’t know if you were just trying to act ‘Thor’ or if you were really meaning it. It was not just that, because I also left for some other reason too. I have to go back to SHEILD it was nice and all to see you again and have me be put down by your family and mine but I need to go back to Midgard as I have left my heart there, I hope that you understand this and hope you have a great life without me involved and don’t blow up Midgard again or attempt to take it over cause I will kill you. I’m sorry Loki that we couldn’t have been better friends towards the end but this is my choice. Please don’t tell my family where I have gone as I will never be able to return back to Midgard. I have Marina and Hela with me so don’t even bother looking for them, I have moved on and so should you. I wish you the best of luck and please tell Thor that I will see him again for certain reasons and I hope that he will be able to find Jane.

Sincerely, Sigyn

 P.s.- I am still mad at you Loki so don’t even try to find me cause I will kill you for what you have done, I have my reasons and so do you, we can no longer be friends and I hope you die in a hole…

Loki stood there, shaking the note in his hand. He knew what he had done to make her so angry. She was angry at him for something he had done in Midgard when he attempted to take over that realm. She was gone, his friend, his only friend....gone. He was regretting everything, maybe if he hadn't had been prideful that his brother had finally accepted him then he might not have lost her. She also specifically said not to return to Midgard. Loki pondered at what she had said, who did she love in Midgard that she needed to return? What were the other reasons she left for? He sat there as the fire works exploded from the sky in celebration. Tears formed in Loki's eye, he had now lost everything.

*****

"I miss her" murmured Loki staring at the note in his bed.

"As do I brother" said Thor quite upset too. Jane was never found so neither of the princes could enjoy their evening of triumph.