Chapter 8 "Sif vs. Skylar"

Skylar disappeared as Sif went right through her. Skylar looked down at shocked Sif.

"You learn a couple of things by hanging around Loki" said Skylar.

  Sif swung her Staff at Skylar and Skylar stopped it from hitting her in the face. A cold, think, icy layer of Ice started to form on Sif's Spear. Skylar winked and kicked Sif in the knee. Skylar had been taught a few things by Natasha Romanoff as well as Clint and Loki. Sif backed away and glared at Skylar.

"Had enough?" asked Skylar.

"Nope" said Sif as she grabbed Skylar's arms tightly.

Sif had Skylar in her grasp and Skylar couldn't think or move.

Oh god this hurts, Thought Skylar in pain.

   Skylar grabbed Sif's arms in an attempt to pry them off. It was no use. Sif's grip started to become tighter and tighter. Skylar was in distress. What could she do, Sif was a warrior at heart, on who has been trained for years. But Skylar was a Spy, a little Spy who did little fighting at all. Was there any chance for Skylar's victory or was it going to go down the drain? Skylar then remember she could do one more thing. She held her hands on Sif's arms and started to shoot cold through them. Sif thought it was just an odd attempt to get Sif to let go. Loki waited anxiously, he wondered if Skylar could pull this off. Sif's smile faded as her arm started to burn. Sif looked down to an icy layer starting to cover an exposed area of flesh. She soon went in panic mode and let go of Skylar. Skylar didn't smile; she just stood there, seeing if Sif was going to back out.

"Oh my god" said Sif "You-Your touch is like those of a frost giant!"

"I am the goddess of winter" said Skylar folding her arms.

"Well, that explains it" said Sif suddenly happy.

She held her arm in pain and looked at Odin and Gialan.

"She'll be helpful sir" said Sif.

"So, you fore fit?" asked Thor.

"Look at my arm, I had to" said Sif as her arm looked black, blue and red as the ice began to melt off her arms.

"We better have Valond have a look at that" said Gialan.

Sif nodded. Thor left to go help Jane and Darcy and Odin, Sif, Fallon, Dialan and Valond left to the healing room. It was just Loki and Skylar on the field. Sky sighed and sat down on the grass, Loki walked up to her.

"That was cool, when did you learn to do that?" asked Loki.

"At SHEILD" Said Sky.

"Cool" said Loki as he sat down next to her.

She looked over at him.

"See, I didn't die" she teased.

"Well I can see that" said Loki.

Sky rolled her eyes and looked up at the sky. She gave a big sigh. Loki looked at her worried.

"What's wrong princess?" he asked. 

She glared at Loki.

"First of all, don't call me Princess, frosty" she said "And second, I’m just worried on how SHIELD is holding up without me"

"What do you mean?" asked Loki.

"I-I just have a strange feeling that something or some one is back for revenge" she said "That’s all"

"Oh......" was all Loki could say.

She looked at him.

"I'm starving" She said standing up "do you want to go snag something from the food storage room?"

Loki looked at her and smiled.

"Like old times" he sighed.

"Yes, and this time you won't blow it by carrying more that you can eat in a entire month" joked Skylar as she bolted across the hill.

"HEY, THAT ONLY HAPPENED ONCE SKY!" shouted Loki as he hurried and stood up.

"I'M GOING TO BEAT YOU THERE FROSTY!" she teased.

"DON'T CALL ME FROSTY!" shouted Loki as he raced to her.

"WHATEVER FROSTY!" she teased again.

"SKYLAR!"

Thor smiled at his brother chasing Skylar across the field. He had never seen his little brother this happy before. Jane touched his arm lightly. Thor looked into her eyes and smiled.

"It has been long since I have seen Loki smile with happiness" sighed Thor.

"He looks happy" said Jane "A-are they.....together?"

Thor's expression was focused on the thought that Jane had said. Could his brother really have a crush on Skylar?

"I'll ask him" said Thor.

Jane giggled to herself "He won't give you much"

Thor shrugged "I’ll try"

   Jane smiled and had not realized Darcy's jealous expression. Darcy like dLoki and thought of Skylar as competition. Though Skylar didn't know any of this was going on though, she and Loki were best friends running around the castle causing mischief and what not. Thor was determined to confront Loki on whether he has feelings for Sky or not.....