Chapter 13 "Playhouse romance"

Loki walked through the castle to find Skylar. He looked in her room and everywhere he could think of. He sighed as he walked up the huge silver incased staircase. He made it to the top and walked into the indoor garden that Skylar has. It was a garden Sky's mother would take care of, but when she died, everyone forgot about, everyone but Skylar. She took care of the plants when her mother died and would take Loki in there to read to her when Thor and Sky's brothers were being too loud outside. He quietly shut the door behind him and walked around the garden. He saw the old play house him and Skylar built for them to read in. He sighed as it was covered in ivy vines and purple flowers.

"What do you want?" sniffed a voice from the play house.

"I didn't know you could still fit up there?" said Loki.

"I can make ways, but tell me, why are you here and what do you want" asked Skylar.

"Well, first off.....wait, I’ll come in there and tell you" said Loki as he walked to the Play house.

"Use the secret entrance at the bottom" she replied.

  Loki walked underneath the playhouse (this was a huge playhouse, able to fit adults because they built it when they were 12 years old) and climbed up the old ladder. He climbed in the play house and saw Skylar looking away from him, as she was sitting in a corner. He crawled over to her and sat next to her.

"So....." she said.

"Well I was just wondering if you were okay" he said.

"Well.......no I’m not" he sniffed as a tear fell down her face.

Loki became worried "Sky, why are you crying?"

"Because, Thor didn't listen to me when I told him it was a bad idea to go to Joutienhiem" she said "No one ever does"

"........I do" said Loki "I thought it was a bad idea too but, we couldn't have stopped Thor, he's stubborn and never listens"

Skylar gave weak smile "True that"

Loki grabbed her hand and kissed it. He looked up at her and smiled.

"Sky...." he said "your special, no matter what people say, don't ever forget that"

"I know, but please don't turn into my mother right now" said Skylar as she rolled her eyes "Your acting like her"

Loki smiled as some of her normal self was back.

"Come on, let's go" said Skylar.

   Loki nodded and started to climb out of the play house. Skylar followed him and they both exited the play house and started to leave the garden. Loki could hear Odin and Thor call for him. He sighed. Skylar smiled and looked at him. She leaned up to him and kissed him on the cheek which made Loki blush.

"Thanks for being a good friend Loki" she whispered as she left him in the garden.

Loki was dumbstruck. What just happen?!

It was just of friendship, Loki reassured himself, just a kiss of friendship.

"Loki, where are you!" shouted Thor.

Loki's heart was racing but he walked out of the garden and looked down at Odin and Thor who were right below the banister.

"Up here" said Loki as he calmly walked down the staircase.

Thor and Odin's eyes were full of relief when they saw Loki walk down the stair case.

"Were have you been?!" asked Thor.

"I calmed down sky" he said.

"Okay, good, well, we need to talk strategies for tomorrow" said Thor.

"No, you two are going to bed" said Odin "You won't be able to think if you’re tired"

Thor sighed "Fine"

  Loki rolled his eyes and followed slowly behind Thor and Odin. He couldn't stop thinking about what had happened back in the garden. He bumped into Thor as they had reached their chambers they were sharing.

"Oh, sorry brother" said Loki as he had not been paying attention.

"Loki, something's on your mind, your never like this spacey" said Thor.

Thor walked over to his bed and sat down. Loki gulped.

"Sit down next to me and tell me what is on your mind" said Thor.

"You wouldn't get it" said Loki.

"Come on brother" said Thor "I don't get a lot of things, but I think I know when I guy has a crush, now tell me!"

Thor was bouncing up and down on the bed like a child. Loki rolled his eyes; he did not have a crush. How could he. He was starting to get distracted and needed to stay focused.

"I do not have a crush" said Loki "And please stop acting like were seven at school"

"Well, maybe I might have too" said Thor.

"you and every one around here, think there’s something going on with me and Sky but there isn't now get to reality!" snapped Loki as he face planted on his bed and sighed into his pillow.

"Ooooooooo" said Thor "Now I get it"

Loki looked up at Thor strange "Get what?"

"Your little crush is Sky, how cute, two childhood friends, falling in love" said Thor with a smile.

"UGH!" screamed Loki as his face planted into his pillow.

"I’m just kidding brother" joked Thor "I know you and her are just friends, besides, I could never see you two together anyway, but you have to stop being stupid and start being thinky!"

Thor turned off the lights and Loki lifted his head from his pillow.

"Thinky isn't a real word" said Loki.

"See, now your getting thinky now" said Thor.

Loki rolled his eyes.

"You’re annoying, you know that" said Loki.

"Yes, yes I do, now get some sleep brother we have a long day tomorrow!" shouted Thor.