|Norman| Worth the Wait (Ver. 2)

A/N: I'm still not educated enough about depression but I wanted to try to do it better, so please message me if there's something that needs to be deleted or changed.

Tag/s: Depressed!Reader, Academy!AU

Warning/s: Profanity

Guide:
(Y/N): Your First Name
(Y/C): Your Club

2nd Person's POV

"(Y/N)," Miss Isabella called out, making you look at her.

"Yes?"

"Can you give out these papers around the class?" she held out a stack of papers.

"Sure," you got up from your seat and gave your classmates the assignment.

"The assignment is due tomorrow, don't forget," the bell rang as soon as Miss Isabella finished her sentence.

You sighed as you fixed your things, ready to end the day.

"(Y/N)!" Emma called out as she hugged you. Her eyes widened when she wrapped her arms around you, "Woah..." she whispered, pulling back and looking at you.

Ray raised a brow at you while Norman gave you a worried look.

"Did you go on a diet?"

"Huh?" you muttered, "I-I mean, yeah! I did," you nervously laughed.

"Kind of gained weight from eating out too much, so I'm trying to get my old weight back,"

"I think you overdid it..." Ray muttered as Emma spun you around.

"It's just your imagination," you reassured with a smile.

"Anyway, you wanted to tell me something?" you asked, hoping to change the topic.

"Right! We found this new diner near the school. Do you wanna go try it out?"

You bit your lip as you scratched your head.

"Sorry... I'm on a diet. Remember?" you excused, making them frown.

"Why not make today a cheat day? And I'm sure you're way skinnier than you were before..." Norman smiled, making you internally sigh.

"Sorry, I just don't feel up for it," you apologetically smiled as you clasped your hand.

"T-Then we can just go hang out in the arcade?" Norman coaxed, "It's been a while since we went together,"

"You three," Miss Krone called out with a knock, "You're needed for the student meeting, remember?"

"Ah, right!" Norman exclaimed as they grabbed their bag.

"Sorry, (Y/N)... We can-"

"-Don't worry about it!" you reassured with the most genuine smile you could muster, "Go, I can walk home by myself," you shrugged, grabbing your bag.

"Okay, we'll hang out some other day!" Emma smiled, giving you one last hug as Ray and Norman waved goodbye and followed Miss Krone.

When they were out of sight, you took a deep breath and relaxed your body.

'Time to go home...' you thought, making your way out of the classroom.

"Finally done...!" Emma stretched her back while Ray leaned back on his set in exhaustion, and Norman sighed in relief.

"Let's get going," Norman smiled as he grabbed his bag, "Miss Isabella will scold us if we're home late again,"

Emma and Ray replied in groans, weakly grabbing their bags as they headed out of the council room.