|Don| Movie Date

Requested By: e :D
Tag/s: Insecure!Reader

2nd Person's POV

"Wow...! That's great, (F/N)!" you cheered as (F/N) gave you a bright grin as she showed off a photo of their recent date.

"Thanks! We had so much fun yesterday," they beamed, scrolling through the gallery as you looked over their shoulder.

"You two really match each other," you complimented, looking through the numerous photos of the couple.

"Thank you, same as you and Don," they winked, nudging your side as you lightly laughed.

"Haha, I guess..." you muttered, smiling sadly.

"Hey," (F/N) wrapped an arm around your shoulder, "You and Don are a perfect match! Trust me," they encouraged, making you lightly scoff.

"If you say so,"

"Hmm..." you pursed your lips and furrowed your brows, unsatisfied with your reflection.

"(Y/N)?" Don called out as he knocked on the door, "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, yeah... Ready," you answered, straightening your outfit.

As Don walked in, he noticed the damper in your tone.

"Something wrong?" he asked, gently caressing your hand.

"No," you shook your head as you held his, "It's nothing," you reassured as you pulled him along to the door.

"Come on! The movie's not gonna watch itself," you joked, making Don smile.

"Okay then," he smiled, wrapping his arm around yours and kissing your cheek.

"You look amazing, by the way," he cheekily commented, making your cheeks flush as you gave him a smile.

"Thanks, you look very handsome too," you complimented, taking a good look at his outfit.

"Of course! Gotta look good for my date, don't I?" he winked, making you chuckle and shake your head.

"So... What popcorn should we get? I'd wanna try the cheddar, but you already tell me I'm so cheesy," Don chuckled at his joke, but you kept quiet.

Your body was tense, and your head hung low, your eyes avoiding people as the chatter of crowds around you started to get louder.

"(Y/N)?" Don called out softly, putting a hand on your arm, taking you back to reality.

"Y-Yeah?"

"Are you doing okay?" he worriedly asked, "We can watch the movie some other time-"

"-No, no! I'm okay," you sweated with a smile, "Just a little loopy is all,"

Don tightened his jaw as he looked at you with serious eyes.

"(Y/N)," Don said in an earnest tone, "I can tell when you're hiding something from me,"

You bit your lip as you looked away, making him take a deep breath.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" he reminded, lifting your chin up so you could meet his eyes, "I won't force you if you don't want to. We can just go home and-"

"-Wait," you held his arm tightly, taking deep breaths.

"...Okay," you nodded your head, mustering up the courage.

"It's just that... I don't know. I've been feeling self-conscious lately, and it's starting to get in my head," you confessed as Don listened intently, his eyes not leaving your figure.

"After talking with (F/N) and their lover, they just seemed so perfect together. Like they're the perfect match... But when I'm standing beside you..." you rubbed your arm and sighed, your vision becoming glassy as tears threatened to fall.

"I just feel like I'm not good enough, you know?" you sniffed, covering your face as tears rolled down your cheeks.

"(Y/N)..." Don opened his arms to you as an invitation, which you happily accepted as you buried your face to his chest.

He hugged you tightly as you patted your head reassuringly, letting you cry.

"Hey, if anything, you're way out of my league," you giggled at his remark as you continued to sob.

"Do you have any idea how proud I am to be your boyfriend? I'm pretty sure Ray's sick of me talking about you," he lightly laughed, placing a kiss on top of your head.

"(Y/N), you're one of the best things that have happened to me. Don't let anything tell you otherwise, okay?" he cupped your cheeks, making you meet his soft eyes.

You let out a dry laugh as you wiped your tears, "...Okay," you both smiled as he held you close again.

"Sorry, I guess I ruined our date, huh?"

"Nah, I was kind of feeling like a home-date mood, anyway," Don reassured as he grabbed your hand, wiping the remaining tears.

"...Are you sure? You've been waiting for this movie," you hesitated as you let go of the hug, "We can probably catch up to the-"

"-Hey," Don called out, grabbing your hand, "It's okay, (Y/N). It's just a movie. We can watch it some other time," he reassured, giving a kiss to your knuckles.

"...Promise?"

"Promise," Don beamed with a smile, "Besides, it's easier to cuddle at home,"

You sharply inhaled and smiled, giving in.

"All right... Home movie date it is,"

"Here," Don passed you a bowl of popcorn as he sat beside you, putting your shared blanket on his lap.

You two sat comfortably on the couch, pillows and plushies surrounding you both with the coffee table in front filled with snacks and drinks as the movie played.

You smiled to yourself as you rested your head on Don's shoulder.

"Thank you, Don..." you breathed out, making Don smile and rest his head on top of yours.

"If it's for you, this is nothing,"

Halfway through the movie, you felt your eyelids getting heavier as a yawn escaped from your lips.

Don let out a chuckle as he cupped your cheeks, making you face him.

You furrowed your brows as he kept looking at you with a goofy smile.

"What? Is there something on my face?"

Don shook his head, "I just really love you,"

Your eyes widened as your previous grogginess disappeared.

"You're amazing just the way you are," he continued, caressing your cheek.

"And I'll beat up whoever makes you feel insecure," he joked, making you stifle a laugh.

"Oh please," you chuckled, pushing him away as he gave you a wide smile.

"You can be such a cheeseball, you know?"

"But I'm you're cheeseball,"

28