Chapter 10

Your POV

I decided to draw in my room as I waited. My mind was still racing.

Was Sonic telling the truth? Does Knuckles actually like me? Am I sure that I want to be in a relationship?

Fuck that, why wouldn't I wanna be in a relationship with Knuckles?

My face heated up as I continued to think. At some point I stopped drawing as I let my mind wonder.

That was until there was a gentle knock on my door.

"Come in!" I called as I calmed myself down. The door opened and in walked the person I couldn't get my mind off of.

He looked shy, not like his usual self, as he avoided eye contact.

"What's up?" I asked, trying not to sound panicked.

"Uhm... I have a confession, Y/N." He said while looking to the ground.

Oh my goodness, is this actually happening?

"I believe I may have feelings for you. Possibly even love you. You're an amazing person and I don't want to imagine a life without you." He said as he pulled a bouquet of flowers from behind his back and a pack of my favorite snacks.

"If you can't reciprocate the same feelings, at least take these gifts." He finished. I sat in shock for a while, frozen on place.

Before I knew it, my heart was racing and my face was burning. I quickly stood up and ran towards him, engulfing him in a hug.

"I don't wanna imagine a life without you too!" I answered as I smothered him in my arms.

He soon wrapped his arms around me and held me closely. I kissed his forehead as I smiled.

"Nice!" I heard a familiar voice say from the doorframe.

"Sonic if you don't leave right now, I will exterminate you." I threatened while making eye contact with him. He immediately ran to his room in a panic.

"So... Are we a thing now? In a relationship?" I asked Knuckles. He looked up at me as if thinking for a moment.

"It's whatever you feel comfortable with." He answered.

"Alright. I'm glad I can tell you that I love you now." I said as I rested my head on top of his. He hummed in agreement.

...

We were laying in my bed now, my laptop at the foot of the bed as we laid on our stomachs, eating my favorite snack as we watched Sing 2.

I don't get why people say it's a bad movie, to me it seemed like the plot for it was way more interest than the first movie. Plus the songs are pretty good.

"I was wondering... Would you like to go on an ice cream date?" Knuckles asked as he held my hand.

"That sounds nice. When do you wanna go?" I answered as I kept my focus on the movie.

"How is two days from now?" He asked as he rested his head on top of a pillow.

"That sounds good." I answered as I held up our hands and kissed the back of his hand. I could tell his face was burning up at the moment as he pushed his face into his pillow.

"You seem tired. Go to sleep, I'll wake you up when dinner's ready." I told him. He nodded before scooting closer to me with his pillow, relaxing before falling asleep.

I sighed as I looked at how peaceful his face was. I traced his nose for a second before getting comfortable as I focused on the movie.

This is the best thing that has ever happened to me besides finding a good family...