10

i can never be that me again.

~

"I AM HERE!"

I was sweaty, tired, and angry. Pretty much what my math teacher always felt like every morning before class.

"Hey, (Name)! How was the meeting with the principal?"

I gave Yūji a weird look,"who? Never met him while I was here..."

"Actually! You did!"

I jumped as a hand landed on my shoulder. My gaze looking back at my "new" sensei. The one who kidnapped me and even made sure I was awake this morning. Still kind of want to flip him off for fun even if he might chop said middle finger off...

"Eh?"

He merely shrugged, his hand dropping from my shoulder as he walked around the three of us, "when you were asleep, I kind of just grabbed you and dangled you in front of the principal while saying, 'I got you a potential meat shield, want it?'"

I clenched my fist as that urge to kill Gojo popped up once again.

So, yeah. My fist went flying once again that day.

Gojo easily catching it once again. A smile still on his face.

"Now, let's continue on! We're going to go and get our fourth first year!"

He let go of my hand as I looked away. My gaze cast downward. I don't have any fighting strength. No abilities that could far and beyond plus ultra. I was just...weak.

Sure.

My parents trained me.

Over and over and over again.

But look where that got me.

Was it really doing anything for me?

What were my parents teaching me anyway...?

Useless.

Yūji bumped my shoulder, a light smile on his face as he tried to give some sort of reassurance, but for once...

As I looked at him.

I felt jealous.