11

fake it till you make it

~

I didn't know what I was looking at. Should I be embarrassed? Should I help the poor man? Or maybe, I would just get in the way. Out of trouble.

Because I would make it worse.

Probably.

Most likely.

"Well?! How about me? Am I good enough to be onepf your models?"

All of us seemed to sweat at the situation. The guy finally managing to get away as Gojo waved the girl over. Her attention immediately on us. And the moment she got over to us, I knew she was going to give all of us a hard time. I mean, come on. Just because we're both girls doesn't mean she is going to automatically become friends with me. So come on, life isn't that sweet to me. No matter how addicting living may be at points.

So, when she finally came over to us. I knew I had to do something. Anything. Just so I wouldn't be left behind. Ignored.

In other words, I did the one thing that came to mind. Something that my parents drilled into my head at one point.

Analyze a person. Get their characteristics first. Then their personality. Watch how they present themselves. Then,

Make them believe...

That...

You actually care.

So, the moment her introduction finished. I already got a good idea of how she was. Who she was. How she thought of herself.

With this in mind, I smiled. My hand reaching out for her own hand to take.

"Hello, I'm (Name) (Surname)! And you're really beautiful! One of the most prettiest girls i have ever seen. Are you perhaps from Tokyo?"

And when I saw a small blush on her face, I knew that I won. Her cheeks puffing out as she took my hand. Her skin was soft. Was she always nitpicking her appearance? Making sure that she was presentable...hmm, must have had a role model she looked up to at some point in childhood. A friend maybe? A friend that was richer than her?

"I-it's nice to meet you as well," she cleared her throat after she let go of my hand. The other first years introducing themselves. And during that time, I watched her carefully. She didn't like them. Or, at least, was judging them thoroughly.

I usually don't bother doing this with people. Analyzing and making an effort. Like Fushiguro. I knew he wouldn't care if I was smiling or glaring. I would still be a weak insignificance to him that wasn't much help to begin with.

As for Itadori? He knew me from the beginning. So, it was a useless tactic to begin with if I ever used this on him. He would know I was faking.

As for my oh so great Sensei...well, that was a story for later.

"Now that we are all here...it is time for our first mission...in Tokyo!"

He said loudly. Excitedly.

Both Yūji and Kugisaki were going along with it. Their own excitement obvious as they danced about.

As for me, I could care less. And Fushiguro was the same as we stood next to each other. Our blank faces watching the scene unfold.

And then,

The mentions of Roppongi was promised as the two dumbbells kneeled before our sensei. My eyes rolling as I stuffed my hands into my pockets.

Well, I guess it's time to actually try for once.