Chapter 27

"What do you think about us screwing all of this and just sneak out Sunshine?" Miles whispers teasingly in my ear as we slow-dance to 'You're my best friend' by Queen, and yeah I know ironic with the whole situation with Miles and I being friends for years and now we're here, having our first slow dance at our own wedding. I snicker, an honest one actually despite the still exciting lump in my truth that's been there for almost an hour now, I still find his excitement adorable. Today I've witnessed a whole new Miles that I've never seen before.

He's going around smiling at everybody, making conversations, and even making jokes between sentences that don't include being mean in a sarcastic way. He seems to be enjoying his time like he's genuinely happy. That's a part of the reason as to why I've been trying to ignore the fact that he had lied to me. I pondered about it for about fifteen minutes before shouting the thoughts away and deciding to enjoy myself because this is my night, our night and for whatever reason, he had to lie to me I'll just ask him about it another time.

Miles's fast turn makes me snap out of my thoughts as I hear something I never thought I would hear, "You're my sunshine and I want you to know," He's singing in sync to the song. Miles is literally singing! I chuckle "Miles..."

"That my feelings are true," he continues interrupting my attempt to ask him if the reason behind him choosing this song as our slow dance song is because of the best friend part or the Sunshine part (because he always calls me, Sunshine), or maybe for both reasons. "I really love, oh you're my best friend," he finishes off and connects our both snickering mouths. "Now you're just hurting my feelings, man. I thought I was your best friend" Alexis shoots at us with a hurt voice, standing in the circle of people that are standing around us and watching as we busy ourselves on the dancefloor. "Today isn't about you, Princess" Miles utters between my lips. "How dare you," Alexis responds after making a dramatic gasp and then continuing, "Every day is about me. But imma forgive you just this once because you called me princess." Their childish conversation plasters smiles and laughs on the guest's faces making the atmosphere of the wedding easy.

Our kiss break as he puts his forehead against mine instead and looks into my eyes as we still swing to the beat of the music. "You know I wasn't kidding about my proposition earlier, Mrs. Sanders," the lump in my stomach easies because now my body is focusing on another part of it, my heart that's doing a flip at the sound of my new title coming from my husband's mouth for the first time. "Why the hurry, Mr. Sanders?" I teas him. "Because I would really love to take my wife home right now," I feel my face heat up at the knowledge of where this conversation is heading. "And why do you want to take her home?" despite the shame that's slowly rising inside me I lead the conversation on because a part of me enjoys it and what a distraction from my negative thoughts.

"Well for starters she's been stolen from me for three whole days, can you imagine the house without her for three days? In case you can't let me simplify it for you with three words, empty, boring, and dark. Then we also have a duty tonight to full fill, she and I," he wiggles his eyebrows at the last sentence. "And to be completely honest with you" he leans into my ear for this one, "I want to blow her mind tonight, show her exactly what I'm going for, make her create noises she never knew she could make because I have the privilege of being here first one on this adventure of our, and I'm afraid I'm running out patience here. So tell me what you think, is it really worth it, wasting our time here?"

I think I might have gotten a fever because my body really feels feverish right now. "But, Miles..." he stops me with his index finger on my mouth. "Shame on you, I didn't figure there would be any buts coming from you," he gives me a disapproving shake of his head. "You know what forget about the proposition, this is a demand," he tells me as he sways us to the last seconds of the song. As soon as the song ends we disappear through the crowd of people, pretending to get some water, and then head to the door to leave the place, hopefully, without anybody noticing.