Chapter 54

I endured it for almost a year, too afraid and ashamed to reach out for any help. Too clueless to know what I could do about it. Too weak to fight my way out of her grip. But proximity a year later had come very close with one of my classmates, Alexis. I'd stay with him in the school library, asking him for help with my homework when I in reality just wanted to avoid going home because I knew what waited for me there. Studying in the library sooner lead to spending some time at his place where I meet his parents, the parents that reminded me of what I had once. After seeing them, and how they loved their only child, some feeling woke up inside me. I have had enough a long time ago, but that exact feeling that they caused inside of me made me want to do something about it.

I remember that day like it was yesterday. At that time I was 12 years old, Alexis and I were over at his house, and his father had made us a delicious dinner that we ate before we went up to his room to work on our math homework and play some video games afterward. We had so much fun that day and I almost felt like everything was normal, my life was normal, that I was a normal kid, not a kid that was being raped by his own mother. I recall that at the end of the day, as we played videogames I had uttered a suggestion to Alexis in the mere curiosity of an idea that started creeping inside my mind. "Can you imagine us living together? How dope that would be? We could, eat study, and play every day. Head to sleep together then wake up and walk to school together." I suggested while sneaking a peek at you, nervous about how he would react to the idea. "Wow, I would kill to have that, I swear. It's like the best thing ever. I wish we really could do that." That earned him a big smile from me, I was really relieved to know that my plan wasn't really impossible.

That same day I lingered as long as I could at Alexis's house, wanting my mother to fall asleep before I got home. When I went home late that night my mother had fallen asleep on the couch, waiting for me. I tiptoed silently, the sound of my drumming heart penetrating my ears. In fear I packed a bag of clothes and some of my own videogames that my father had bought before he died as I left the house that had turned into hell, heading to the only person that hadn't rejected me because of my 'aggressive stunts' as my teachers liked to call it.

Miles