Chapter 5

You know, most teenagers love Saturdays, you get to sleep in as late as you want and just get to relax! But not me! Nope, here I am on a Saturday morning being woken up by my alarm at 7 a.m because I have to get ready for work. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to have this job but I don't think that I'll ever get used to waking up so early, that's just something that I'm always gonna hate.

I groan as I get up and sit upright on my bed but instant pain takes over my stomach and I lean over trying to suppress it. "Fuck" Of course today has to be the day I get my period, so wonderful to be a woman isn't it? I make my way to the bathroom and take care of my business and then proceed to get ready to leave for work.

I decided to wear something a bit more comfortable since I'm on my period so I just settled with a pair of black leggings, an oversized light grey sweatshirt and white sneakers. As for my makeup I just filled in my eyebrows, used a tinted moisturizer, concealer, and applied some mascara. Nothing too crazy.

My mom and brother were still asleep so I quietly made my way downstairs and grabbed something quick to eat so that I would be able to take an advil. I then headed out the door and began my walk to the cafe. It's times like this that I wish I knew how to drive.

As most girls do when they're on their periods, I get very cranky and sleepy. Especially during the start of my day. I usually try to not talk to anyone too much, mainly because I don't have the energy to but also because I get annoyed very easily, which is why it's very difficult to work while I have it since there are annoying customers here all the time.

After opening up the cafe I walked inside instantly wishing that I was back home in my bed. All I could think about was how I had to deal with so many people today. Shortly after I was setting everything up for the store I saw that some of the employees were standing outside waiting. I walked over as quickly as I could to unlock the door for them and let them in.

"Good morning everyone." I greet them in a very cynical tone. I had no energy whatsoever.

"What? No smile?" I look up and meet Munro's eyes and there he is with his stupid god damn smirk again thinking what he said was hilarious. I just roll my eyes at him not saying anything in response and turn to walk back to behind the counter. "Well I guess not then." I hear him mutter.

About 15 minutes after all of the employees got here we opened the cafe and there were already a good amount of customers here already. Gosh, don't people want to sleep in anymore? I was trying my best to help the employees out as much as possible and work quickly through the morning rush.

"Why are you so quiet today?" Munro asked, noticing that I've tried my best to avoid holding a conversation with anyone.

"I don't know, why do you care?" I snap back at him.

"Geez it was just a question. You're way worse than usual today though.What's got you so grumpy?" He points out as he wipes down the counter. I leaned over the counter next to him trying to suppress the pain my cramps were giving me.

"Because I'm on my goddamn period Rosario!" My eyes widened and my body tenses up as I realized what I've just said, I can't believe I just told him that. "Excuse me, I'm gonna go die now." I walk to the back of the office and place my head in my hands as I rested my elbows on the table, thinking about what I just did. Why do I keep getting myself into these situations?

After a few moments pass I still have my head resting on the desk when I hear a knock coming from the door. I slowly sit up and tell whoever it is to come in. Standing at the door is Munro, he stands there awkwardly not able to look me in the eyes and my eyes land on the plate that he has in his hand with a brownie on it.