Chapter 12

For the first time in a while I was actually looking forward to going to school. These past few days have not been too great but I was feeling really thankful for the people that I had in my life that have been helping me through everything.

I took a quick glance in the mirror to make sure that my outfit and makeup was okay. I was wearing a brown crop top, a gold chain necklace, with beige pants, and a brown leather trench coat over it. As for my makeup I had decided to go with a purple and brown eyeshadow look.

As always Imogen picked me up from my house. She seemed a lot better today which made me happy. I wanted to ask her how she was feeling but I figured she'd tell me everything whenever she was ready to.

Once we reached school we made our way inside and began walking to our lockers. We were just laughing about what we were talking about until Imogen froze in her spot and her smile fell from her face, replaced with a concerned look. Giving her a questioning look until I turned my head into the direction of where she was looking and my smile fell as well.

Someone vandilized my locker again, but it was worse this time because instead of papers they spray painted the slurs onto it. Just when I was finally starting to feel after everything that had happened, this shit just had to happen. I could see a bunch of Seth's friends laughing in the corner, guess it's no surprise who was behind this.

Why does everything continue to be so fucked up?

I shook my head, letting the tears fall down my face before I ran to the girls bathroom, probably looking ridiculous as I did. [ some more internal thoughts here :) ] . I could hear Imogen calling after me but it didn't stop me from continuing to run.

Bumping into a hard surface, "Sorry I-" A familiar pair of tan hands took a hold of my arms causing me to look up and see that it was Munro.

"Hey." He softly spoke, a little flutter stirred at the pit of my stomach as I looked down again. My cheeks rose a bit in temperature at his concern for me, but the thought of him seeing me like this made me wish the floor could swallow me, "Hey, what's wrong?" He placed his hands on my cheeks so that he could look at me. Shaking my head again as my tears kept streaming down my face. Suddenly I felt like I couldn't breathe. My palms began to clam up, my heart picked up it's pace a bit and not in the good kind of way. Breathing was becoming very heavy, as if I was starting to get desperate for air. Like the weight of the pain was becoming physical, all my hurt and anxiety pressing against me. I needed to get away, wiggling out of his grasp I began to pace back and forth.

Breathe, Violeta. 3...2...1...
Breathe...

Focusing my eyes on the ground, I felt Munro's stare, he was talking but I couldn't register anything coming out of his mouth when my heart was beating loudly against my ears. My stomach churned, oh no.

"Okay, Violeta? I'm gonna need you to sit down okay?" Munro's voice resonated softly yet commanded me, the feel of his hand on my arm startled me a bit but I let him guide me to the wall so we could sit on the floor.

"Alright good, now can you list five things that you can see right now?" He looks up at me with warmth in his eyes, the most I've ever seen on him. What?
He must've picked up at the confusion written all over my face as he repeated, "Tell me five things, what do you see? trust me.'' Those last two words send a shiver through my body. I couldn't tell if it was because of the anxiety rushing through me or if it was the actual fact that I found myself trusting him in this very vulnerable moment. 

My heart continued its ruthless pounding, as I decided to do exactly that. Taking a leap of faith, "Uhhh.. yeah, um." Clearing my throat, I start to look around me. "Well...I uh, I see the lockers, the classroom door,–", rubbing my hands together, I start to fidget with the button of my coat, "–the water fountain, the posters, and umm... you." We look at each other for a few moments as my breathing begins to slow down. His eyes remain focused on me, a sense of peace unravels within me. My heart pace slows down a beat or two, my fidgeting slowly stops, my breathing comes to a steady rhythm.