Chapter 27

Munro's POV

I leaned up against my locker shortly after arriving at school. I could already tell that it was going to be a difficult day for me to keep my eyes open. We had a big game coming up this week and it was practically all I could think about fot the past couple of days. It had me awake in the middle of the night, more stressed than I've ever been in my life. I'm not usually one to worry about a game but this one is important because all of the college scouts were showing up and I couldn't risk messing this up.

Tate appeared by my side at some point, he started talking about something but I honestly couldn't even focus on any words that were coming out of his mouth. All I could think about was my bed and how comfortable it would be.

"Hey superstar." Now that was the only voice that could break me out of my thoughts, I instantly stood straight and gave Violeta my full attention. Her presence just makes my day a thousand times better. God this girl has turned me into such a god damn sap. "How'd you sleep?"

"Barely slept at all." I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into a quick hug before she pulled away.

"I figured you would say that, which is why I brought you this." She held up an iced coffee, handing it to me.

"What would I do without you?" Taking the coffee from her and taking a long first sip. I think spending time with Violeta and at the coffee shop has made my addiction for coffee grow even more.

"Hmmm." She looks up at the ceiling as if she's giving it serious thought. "You'd probably be sad and lonely."

"You're probably right." We both laugh until we hear a throat clear from beside us, we both turn our heads to that direction just to see Tate with a very annoyed expression on his face.

"It's like I don't even exist!" He throws his arms up in exaggeration causing Violeta to shake her head in amusement as she holds up a bag for him, he cautiously takes the bag before looking inside.

"You got me a breakfast sandwich?" He said in awe. "You better be treating her right!" He threatens me before taking a bite of his sandwich.

"I wouldn't dream of treating her any other way." Throwing my arm around her shoulder I pulled her by my side as she tried to hide the blush that was appearing on her face.

"You guys are disgustingly cute." Tate mumbled with his mouth full of food.

The bell rang, indicating that we no longer had our freedom. All three of us let out a sigh in frustration.

"Alright I will see you guys later." She re-adjusts her bag on her shoulder before facing me. "Try not to stress too much, okay, you're gonna be great." Her hand was placed on my arm so she got on her toes to reach and kiss me on the cheek before she walked off to class, I couldn't help but watch her walk away.

Tate had class first period but I had a free so I decided to get some practice in for a bit so we parted our ways as I made my way over to the locker room. I started to get my uniform out from my locker and was getting ready to put it on but I didn't get to enjoy my peace for too long before Seth entered the locker room.

I couldn't control my facial expression when I saw the sight of him but I did decide to keep my comments to myself. I didn't need to start any more drama with this man, especially for Violeta's sake.

"Oh Rosario! I've been meaning to talk to you." I guess this asshole just wasn't getting the hint that I didn't want to speak to him. I looked up from my bag and gave him the coldest stare that my eyes would let me.

"Yeah well you're not really someone I want to talk to."
"Aw you wound me Rosario." He puts a fake frown on his face and places his hands on top of his heart as if he's actually hurt.