Chapter 3

After Alex helped me pull myself together, he guided us back to the office, his warm hand on mine calmed my nerves. But there was a hint of embarrassment that surfaced and my stomach began to twist in knots. Once we reach the office, I take a seat and Alex gently shuts the door behind him.

"V, what happened out there?" He looks at me with concern filled in his eyes as he takes a seat across from me.

"Nothing, it's stupid really." I look down, fumbling with my fingers in an attempt to ignore his stare.

"Clearly it's not nothing if it's making you this upset." He says lifting up my chin so that I am now looking him in the eyes. "You've helped me when I was going through a rough time, remember? So please, let me help you. Tell me what's going on." His eyes are pleading.

I let out a shaky breath and proceeded to tell him about all the events that took place today. And I mean everything, from the jewel to the boys locker room to the post and Alex's face morphed into one of anger.

A few seconds of silence passed between us, his lower lip was rolled in, eyebrows furrowed, a blaze of red lingered in his dark brown eyes, and finally he nodded as if he's affirming something to himself.

Suddenly he stands up from his chair and his hand balls into a fist "I'm going to kill them." He makes his way to the door.

A blaring mental alarm goes off in my head.

Instantly, I bolt towards Alex and stop him, clutching onto his arm, pulling him back to look at me "As much as I would love to see that, I don't need you getting yourself in trouble over something that's my issue." He mulls over my words, I can see a vein popping out of his forehead and agitation crept on his facial features. Knowing he could possibly make things worse for me while I'm at school, he sighs in defeat.

"Why didn't you tell me any of this when you saw that prick here for an interview?" He plopped back down aggressively onto the chair and I followed suit, sitting across from him.

"Honestly, I thought that I had it all handled. I thought that maybe I could mess with him a bit and feel better about what happened. I didn't tell you because I just wanted to forget about the whole situation and I wanted to stop feeling so sad over it. Because honestly I feel really dumb being so upset over this shit." I let out a sigh of frustration and leaned back in my chair, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You shouldn't feel dumb for being upset over this. It's completely understandable why you are. I'm just really sorry that this happened to you. I wish I could have been there for you when it happened." His face softens at my confession, the next thing I know, Alex pulls me up from the chair and engulfs me in his arms. It doesn't take long to reciprocate, my arms wrap around his waist and I lay my head on his chest listening to his heart beat. We stood there in eachothers arms for a few moments before I was finally able to pull away.

"Please V, if anything like this happens again please let me know." His eyes are pleading which makes me feel guilty for not letting him know about this in the first place.

"I promise I will, and I'm sorry for not saying anything about this to you sooner." I reassure him and he smiles in return.

"It's okay, I understand." He smiles. "Now go head to Imogen's house." Nodding his head towards the door.

"How did you know I was going to Imogen's?" I ask with a confused expression masking my face.

Rolling his eyes, he lets out a scoff, "Please, something like this happens and you're not gonna go to Imogen's? Yeah okay sure."

I laugh at the fact that he knows me well. "Okay well I'm gonna head out, please text or call if you need any help here." I grab my jacket and begin to put it on, along with grabbing my bag and throwing it over my shoulder. I thank Alex again and then make my way to Imogen's house.